ID:1074040

Keywords: bug, dreammaker, error, help, map
Whilst mapping games, I have received an Error saying "Unable to Read .dmm" now, this is stopping me from being able to map on this source. When I run the game the map loads fine, but in Dream Maker it just gives me an error, last time I got this message I had to start all over. Any one know how to fix this?
Hi there Blackclaw185. Is that the only error you're receiving? Generally the map becomes inaccessible if a compiler error occurs, or if something present on the map has been deleted in your code.
When I compile it, it gives me a these errors

New Region4.dmm:4718:error: undefined map symbol: "a
a"

Failed to load map file C:\Documents and Settings\Sheldon\Desktop\PPR Src\PPR\New Region4.dmm.

I don't code, so I didn't understand what I had to do to fix this.
In response to Blackclaw185
Strange, I've never heard of that particular error before.

Could you open New Region4.dmm in Notepad and paste what is on line 4718?
This is what is on line 4718

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqZauk aifaBdaCkaiFaiFaiFaiFaClaBfaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaif aifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaif aifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaifaulaqZaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqX aqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqX aqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGb aGbaGbaGeaGlaGmaGmaGmaGnaGeaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGb aGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGeaGkaGoaGpaGp aGpaGpaGqaGkaGeaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGbaGd aGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGd aGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaGdaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqX aqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaqXaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa
In response to Blackclaw185
Ah, that's not what I was expecting. The errors usually point to the definitions that make up the map array, but that line is straight out of the map array.

The only other reference to this error I can find points to this thread, which doesn't have all that much info about the error.
The error just appeared this afternoon without any codes being touched, the map worked perfectly fine last night. All of my current maps now have this error, except for when I make a new source, map, and codes.
Hmm, it is a bit of a long shot but try this:

1. Create a copy of your map file.
2. Open the copy with notepad.
3. Go to Edit->Replace
4. In 'Find what' type 'aa'
5. In 'Replace with' type 'ab'
6. Make sure you have 'Match case' ticked

Then press ok and let the replacer do its work. When it's done, see if you can access the new file. Some instances of 'aa' might still remain so just weed them out one by one if you can.

Of course this is going to replace/change some things on the map (which you can then reverse with the map editor's own replace function) but at least you may be able to open it up in DM again.

Other than that it sounds like some kind of writing issue or a virus.

[EDIT!!!] Actually, you could also try this: Go to the top of the map file and paste in this:

"aa" = (/turf,/area)

See if that helps
At the top of the file the code is "aaa"=(/turf,/area)
but i'll try the second one, thanks.