ID:107730

Perhaps this has been answered somewhere else on the site, but there are many sources (mainly people sending around chain emails) stating that anime games will soon be disbanded from BYOND. It may not be today, but they will slowly be removed from the site all together.

Now, I can understand where BYOND is coming from, that a plethora of anime (or fanbased) games would take over the sites content was not their original intention. However, thats what the site has lead to and is a big part of their success. People I know, who devote a lot of their time to these Anime games say they will quit BYOND all together if this happens.

So my question is: How far will BYOND go? I work on a Pokemon game by the name of Pokemon Origins. However, if I know BYOND is going to limit the games appearance on the site, or worse, remove anime games altogether, then I'd like to know now.
I don't want to be working on a game for another 2 months to find out inevitably that it will be removed from BYOND.

You should read Tom's post.
This is a Full blown lie.

Fangames are not going anywhere,
Original fangames/anime games will be still here, they will not get a banner or front page list by default,
But you will be able to choose to show the games.
The games will be able to be seen in the search engine if they are original,
and they will be tagged up and in their specific nice little category for you to find.

All tom's doing is trying to promote Original games for the new players and try to stop mass clones/rips of anime games being made, he is not getting rid of anything except maybe Rips.

But even then a lot of rips wont be got rid off/ just hidden and the hub would still be accessible just not able to be found without a link.
The staff cannot stop you from creating the game, they can't stop you from hosting it, and they can't stop people from joining. The staff does control how these games are listed on the hub, but as long as you can find other ways to direct players to your game (ex: the pager, external sites, etc.) you'll be fine no matter what.
All three comments below are wise. As Jaredoggy says, read the news post for the full story. Teka123 speaks correctly of the current situation. Forum_account is correct about the future. I have no plans on delisting original fangames, but given the legal precariousness of them, I can't guarantee that any one franchise can continue to exist here. But, like Forum_account said, a listing on the hub is just a small part (the smallest part) of a game. You are free to make, play, and promote whatever you want. BYOND has no control over that. It's just a development environment and virtual machine, like java.