ID:1078653

I can't think of a single website which would have a higher concentration of BYONDs target market than this site. Right now they are running test ads and aren't even charging money for them: http://opengameart.org/content/advertise-with-opengameartorg

Give it a shot Tom/Lummox.
Thanks for the link. Free is nice! We'll have to make a 300x250 banner-- any artists here want to give it a shot?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Thanks for the link. Free is nice! We'll have to make a 300x250 banner-- any artists here want to give it a shot?

I'm no artist, but this...

...kind of sucks.
I like SSX's general layout. It's not that fancy. It's nice and standard. Only problem is the ridiculous text and the slogan.

I was also thinking something along the lines of:

But with different text.
Ha, the top one is pretty good if you cut out the second half (after the bullet points).
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Ha, the top one is pretty good if you cut out the second half (after the bullet points).

Don't like my slogan, Tom? /cry
Hee hee, it's better than my efforts.
Does the BYOND logo use an actual font or was it drawn and stylized by hand?
My best guess is that it was rendered in POV-ray since that's what Mike H. (who made the logo) was into at the time. But I don't know for sure.

Here's my boring effort, modeled after our business card. I like Keeth's though:

I wanted a sort of abstract but straight to the point ad, without lying to the reader about my intentions.
[censored]
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
My best guess is that it was rendered in POV-ray since that's what Mike H. (who made the logo) was into at the time. But I don't know for sure.

Here's my boring effort, modeled after our business card. I like Keeth's though:

Needs less anti-aliasing.
I really think BYOND needs to adopt "It's not nuclear physics, it's just atomic." as it's official slogan.
It sounds so '90s and classy. It's perfect for BYOND.

ExPixel wrote:
Actually, that looks like it has no anti-aliasing at all. Just like mine.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
I really think BYOND needs to adopt "It's not nuclear physics, it's just atomic." as it's official slogan.
It sounds so '90s and classy. It's perfect for BYOND.

ExPixel wrote:
Actually, that looks like it has no anti-aliasing at all. Just like mine.

That's the joke.
I fixed it up but it's still kinda boring! I still like Keeth's #1 without the stuff at the bottom. TM's is great! But I don't think we'll get accepted :)
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
I fixed it up but it's still kinda boring! I still like Keeth's #1 without the stuff at the bottom. TM's is great! But I don't think we'll get accepted :)

Don't worry, you should see some of the ads already up there, they aren't even as cool as mine, much less Keeth's.

(Still think we need that slogan, it's just so...atomic.)
We could go with Keeth's layout and your cheesy slogan.
I definitely like Keeth's first one. I'd try my hand at it, but I don't think it'd be very good. Not my thing.

The cheesy slogan could work, but I'm thinking something more like... "It's not New, it's nostalgic." Hm, or maybe just "It's byond new, it's retro!"

One more. "No more models, lots more sprites!"

I'm failing a bit here, but I'm trying to make a play for how well BYOND handles the older days of gaming. It may not handle 3D, but it really is great how it takes you back to the best days of gaming with the 2D. Retro is very in right now, after all.

Networking is a great point, but it's a more obvious one than the 2D in my opinion.
I tried my hand out of boredom.

Not as fancy as Keeth's, of course.
Keeth's is definitely the best, so far. I say we go with that one.
I prefer Keeth's as well. I am not a fan of SSX's slogan though.

Although, I personally feel that the ads shown thus far are rather dull. They simply do not catch the eye. My recommendation is to have a very small collage of some of BYOND's best games in the back ground, similar to here. I know you don't have a lot of space to work with, but I'm sure somebody could come up with something neat.
Page: 1 2 3