I think it really needs to stress the online play, as that's one of BYOND's biggest features. Maybe something like "Make and play online multiplayer games with friends!"

Also, that's a lot of space to work with for an ad. I think we could fit a screenshot of the IDE and map editor in there, maybe even a few good-looking games. A nice 3D/reflection effect like this could work well.

I'm trying to find ads from competitors for comparison, but I can't find any (the irony!)
Since I've been working on and off with the BYOND Metro project (which hasn't gotten so far since I started a retail job / other web jobs), I have been thinking of ways to advertise BYOND, and I agree with DarkCampaigner that we need to emphasize the biggest selling point of BYOND. The selling point, which is that by using BYOND you can create an online multiple player game, in maybe less than hour.

While other competitors allow an easy export to HTML5, iPhone, iPad, iWhatever, and Droid, They don't seem to offer much ability for networking.
I just noticed the banner posting, so I worked on 4, but these two are the best so far.

300x250 Banners

I will try to come up with some more...
EG wins.
The second one is alright, apart from the background.

I'd go for a plain off-white background, use that font, shrink the whole logo thing and move it up, then use the middle space to explain what BYOND is.

Something akin to ...

"Make 2D multiplayer games with ease", "User friendly programming language", "Publish your game to a community thousands"

Stuff of that sort.
I'd like to throw up some of BYOND's old slogans, if someone wants to use those:
I still prefer Keeth's, but I like the idea of having some of BYOND's finest in the background. Just not quite like EG's.

Hm, if advertising that message is the goal maybe something short and sweet like... "Dream, play, create."

That doesn't cover networking, though, so maybe a lengthier but more descriptive version. "Dream endlessly, play with many, create for thousands."

Hm, or perhaps something a little less unique, but a little more professional. "BYOND - Free tools for all to dream, play, and create with."
New batch.

In this one I took Stephen's suggestions and I added three key points. The key points are listed with icons that represent the dream daemon, dream seeker, and dream maker. From that, I also happened to have made three additional banners with homage to those mentioned programs.

EG wins again.
The first one is good, I do recommend that.

The themed ones have a busy background problem. Basically the white on white in terms of the logo and text makes the text difficult to read. However, the white text suits the general background colours well. So I'm a little bit at a loss in terms of recommendation for improvement. I think if you faded the background logo, it would probably all but disappear, I think if you changed the text colour it wouldn't visually work well.

Possibly the background logo concept doesn't work? Basically you can't interfere with the readable text bullet points, those are paramount and must be crystal clear, such that someone can skim read them on a page with other content and mentally go "Hang on, that sounds good" and then do a second serious read, and hopefully click through.
I like the first one (the white) but I think it'd look better with our official logo, because the way it is now it just looks like BY ND.
Is there a copy of the logo somewhere that I can crop it more easily than what I would have to do now?
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Is there a copy of the logo somewhere that I can crop it more easily than what I would have to do now?

source: http://www.byond.com/members/ AZA?command=view_post&post=86944
I have those, but Tom wants the full logo, the text and all, not just the atom.
You have this few option then:

Dark version.
Right, the one SSX posted above is what I have in mind.
If you want a bigger version, there is one, but there is a gradient attached to it. I dunno if Tom has this without the grad.

Okay, so I have these now.

Different logo:

From earlier w/ Stephen's input:

I like both of the top two!
Page: 1 2 3