ID:1080976

(See the best response by Higoten.)
my byond is acting as if i am not connected to the internet it is saying i am offline
That happens sometimes. Just relog a couple times and maybe it'll connect to BYOND. Sometimes clearing cache helps.
how do you clear cache
it didnt work
i dont understand it wont show anything but home and it still says i am offline
Is your Firewall blocking BYOND?
Have you tried running it with Admin privileges?
Best response
Hi Keino456,

In addition to what Super Saiyan X recommended, check to make sure that your pager type isn't set to "None" or has an assigned pager port/ hub address (unless you require them to be set for your firewall configuration)

To do this:

First, Open the BYOND pager > File > Preferences > General > Check to make sure that the pager type selection isn't set to "None", if it is, change it to public or private > OK.

Second, Open the BYOND pager > File > Preferences > Advanced > Clear out anything in the Hub address box, and make sure that the pager port is set to 0 (Unless in the event that you require these setting for your port-forwarding configuration). > OK

Good luck!
it still won't work its only showing the home tab and if i try to go on a game it says connection failed
In response to Keino456
Can you see if your connection is actually able to reach the BYOND hub by using the tracert command?

To do this: Start > Run... >Type in: cmd > OK > Type in: tracert hub.byond.com. > Enter.

You should then see bits of connection information displayed. After a few minutes, it should finish. What you are looking for is the last connection made to be "tesla.byond.com [50.22.142.19]", which would suggest whether or not its an Internet Provider issue, or a configuration issue. If the trace constantly jumps between two of the same servers, or times out, then this is likely an issue with your Internet service provider.
where should i do that
In response to Keino456
on Windows
as in the run part what should i run
cmd.exe or simply cmd
everything you said is there but it still says i am offline
It happened to my brother recenly and what i did was this:
-Exit BYOND. (File->Exit from the pager.)

-Open "My Documents"

-Open the "BYOND" folder in it.

- There will be a "cache" folder. DELETE IT. DELETE THE WHOLE FOLDER.

-Re-Run BYOND and enter your Username/Password and you should be able to connect this time.
In response to Keino456
If your connection was able to reach the hub with a network trace, and if clearing the BYOND cache doesn't correct the problem, then this is likely to be a firewall configuration issue.

Check to make sure that all firewalls on your computer (Windows firewall, Antivirus programs, firewalls, etc) are not blocking or restricting BYOND.exe, Dreamseeker.exe, or Dreamdaemon.exe. It is also possible that a firewall may be installed and running that you are not aware of, checking the process list in the task manager should help you determine if any unknown firewall is running. Make sure that no parental restriction settings are active as well, as they may be interfering.
thank you all for your help my byond is working again