ID:108196

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'd like to request being able to make at least POST requests. Mentioned in the DM Reference, "Support for POST may be added in the future." Hopefully today is future enough. I'm requesting this feature because I'd like to write a library to interface with an external web API, and being able POST/PUT/DELETE to a REST web service would be great.
I'm an 100% for this. This should've been in aaaages ago.
Never going to happen .... this was asked more than 2 -3 -4 -5 years ago...
What else is new....
Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Why not make a call to libcurl?
Bump.

When is this going to be added?
In response to Magnum2k
Is this*

And probably never.
I really want this... Although I guess you could do it with an Ajax call ... Maybe not too sure about that one.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
I really want this... Although I guess you could do it with an Ajax call ... Maybe not too sure about that one.

Wouldn't the Ajax call have to be done from the client since the server can't run javascript on it's own?
Correct but it's a post call so they can't see anything unlike the current method using GET.

In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Correct but it's a post call so they can't see anything unlike the current method using GET.

What if I wanted to make the server to make the POST request like it can with GET requests right now?
Then Topic will need to be reprogrammed to allow POST.

Or you could create a DLL to do it I don't know how you would go about that though.

{edit} I guess you can try this - http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=509556
Bump, still want this feature ... it even adds added security... GET is useless.
What's wrong with using .dll?
It just seems that the request is more suited to being native in DM ... We have get already so why not post.

And another note I'm not savvy with c/c++
Well it's quite troublesome to make POST requests.

When you want to load website, your request looks like

GET /index.html
//other stuff

But when you want to post something, it gets more complicated.

POST /index.php
//other stuff

button

submit

filename.dat

Length: 124124

//file binary data

-------12543236236--

And that was simple file upload form. Without actual browser it's hard to sort this out.
Honestly, I would love to see POST support. GET is fine and all, some times, but it had its limitations, many of which being that it's kinda dangerous....
Bump!
As a workaround, this library claims to add POST support: http://www.byond.com/developer/Nickr5/n_cURL
Any word on this?

Using a third party tool shell() cURL or Nick's cURL library has to output to a file which created I/O which could potentially slow down the server, would be better and easier to have this integrated.

Using shell("curl http://byond.com") returns nothing but a 0 back to DreamSeeker, even though in SSH it returns what it's supposed to return.

I don't think writing to a file is a solution for anyone.
Page: 1 2