ID:1082912

An upcoming challenge has been circulating around the indie development community called One Game a Month. Developers have been pledging to stick with the challenge, starting January 2013 and lasting all the way until December 2013. The challenge? Make a new game every month! As this is something we as BYOND developers can participate in, I'd figure I'd post it here.

More info here.

Anyone else interested in this?
Wow. That is one heck of a challenge! I'd really like to participate, but that sounds really intense unless you do really small simple games. It could also distract from other bigger projects someone might have planned.

I'd really like to see a developer with a few games out do this, though, or especially someone like Yut Put or Oasiscircle. Those two strike me as good candidates for this type of thing.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
I'd really like to see a developer with a few games out do this, though, or especially someone like Yut Put or Oasiscircle. Those two strike me as good candidates for this type of thing

You've just made my whole day, thanks for your kind words!
I could give it a stab, I guess! :D
In response to Oasiscircle
Ah, I'm glad to hear that! I was afraid I might be putting you two on the spot a bit, haha.

This should be a great challenge. It may even introduce a lot of good little single, or 2-4 player games into BYOND.

Maybe it'll even inspire BYOND to make it possible to package multiple game subscriptions into a purchasable bundle, though that's probably a bit random and optimistic on my part.
I've decided to go for it and signed up for the One Game a Month challenge. It looks like they introduced an experience mechanism as well for signing up before January 1st and also for completing games. :)

I'll just leave this here. :)
In response to Oasiscircle
Ooh. I like what I see.
One Game A Month has started! My profile's over this way. I'll be using BYOND to hopefully develop a few things for this challenge.
It sounds pretty challenging and cool :)
I just saw this. I think i'd be willing to do this. I don't have anywhere to post updates or anything, but yeah.