Event Dec 20 2012, 7:00 pm
to Jan 1 2013, 6:59 pm
ID:1088436

End of the World Developer Contest (EtoW)!

In honor of the end of the world, I will be hosting a contest that will span from the day the world ends (12/21/12 @ 12:00am) until the end of new year's day (01/01/13 @ 11:59pm). Let's see if we can get as good a turn-out as my past contests! They're tons of fun! :)

THEMES:

* Sun/Heat
* Ancient Civilization
* Adventurer

PRIZES:

* 1st Place - $150
* 2nd Place - $100
* 3rd Place - $75
* 4th Place - $25

Thanks to DarkCampainger for donating $315 to the contest! Woo! :)

If you'd like to participate, please read the entire forum thread so you know all of the rules. If you have further questions, simply ask and I'll answer as soon as possible.

You can enter only one game per person. You can work in groups of people, be sure to post everyone's name. You can use free-to-use public domain resources (including sound and graphics) as long as you reference somewhere where you got them. You can use any library or framework that you've made in the past even if it isn't public.

You must send in your game before the contest ends. Files required include a folder with all the files necessary to play the game (.rsc, executable, any extra files/maps) and a notepad document that includes some type of identification on who submitted the game along with all resources you used that you didn't make yourself. Send the games to my email ([email protected]) with "BYOND Contest" or "EotW" somewhere in the topic/title.

There will be three themes and one must be used at the least. If a game doesn't include the theme, it will be disqualified.

I will be the only judge so that the judging will go a lot faster than it has in the past with other contests.

Any donations to the prize pool would be happily accepted, simply send me a page and I'll be sure to add your money to the pot or you can send money directly to my PayPal ([email protected]). Be sure to tell me who you are when you send it so I can list you as a donator! :)

If you wish to join, simply post below. Remember that if you're a part of a team you must post every name. Be sure to spread this thread to your friends so that we can have many participants! :)
Be sure to check back once the contest starts for the themes!

See you all after the end of the world and happy developing!

-Oasiscircle
First and participating!
In response to Calus CoRPS
Calus CoRPS wrote:
First and participating!

Awesome, welcome aboard!
I didn't mention it above, but I'll also be "participating" without being able to win any prizes! Wooo! :D
Definitely throwing my hat in.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Definitely throwing my hat in.

Happy to have your hat here. Good luck to you, Bravo! :)
*Has arms folded looking tough like a dbz character at a tournament, whilst listening to the announcer.*
Does that mean you join? :D
In response to Oasiscircle
Oasiscircle wrote:
Does that mean you join? :D

Not done... reading the rules..... *Folds arms*

Edit
I'll join, but I can't make any promises. My hands are tied.
Assuming that we're all still here, and if the U.S diving off the fiscal cliff doesn't cause any immediate hindrances, I'll participate!
Participatin'
Awesome welcome aboard all three of you! :)
I'm in
In response to Prf X
Prf X wrote:
I'm in

Awesome, welcome! :D
I can't join but I'd like to follow this event. Good luck, developers.
This is a genius idea -- assuming I'm still alive. Count me in.
This is my first time doing this, but I'm in. (:
Awesome, thanks for joining you two! :D Can't wait to see what you end up making! :)
I'm in.
Awesome! Welcome to the contest! :)
Count me in I suppose. I'm actually going to be very busy during this time period so I do not see myself finishing with a winning entry.

Should be fun irregardless :)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12