ID:1090556

Poll: Which of these do you prefer to include/agree with in a role-playing game?

1 to 3 hours round-like game 11% (1)
variety of different approaches to same result 11% (1)
randomly assigned character (with different abilities) 0% (0)
a bit unbalanced characters (eg. deathnote holder/ serial killer etc) 0% (0)
bosses which require teaming 22% (2)
no leveling system (personal skill-based game) 22% (2)
*choose this option if graphics do not bother you if you are enjoying gameplay 33% (3)

Login to vote.

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a game called Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island. I am quite interested in knowing what you guys prefer to see in a role playing game. Most importantly, do you prefer more contents than the game's time limit? Would you rather play a game with no time limit, eg. having a save file and leveling/questing for days/weeks? Or do you think round-like role-playing games are better?

Thank you!
lol I wasn't sure which one to pick, seems like these should be check boxes rather than single choice...

I like the idea of random assigned characters, and no overall leveling. Having short "rounds" could be cool but I can't always commit to playing for a 2 hour stretch so for that reason I appreciate games you can log in and play for 15 minutes. Still that could make the game more interesting by having player actions significantly affect the world
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
lol I wasn't sure which one to pick, seems like these should be check boxes rather than single choice...

I like the idea of random assigned characters, and no overall leveling. Having short "rounds" could be cool but I can't always commit to playing for a 2 hour stretch so for that reason I appreciate games you can log in and play for 15 minutes. Still that could make the game more interesting by having player actions significantly affect the world

I thought they were check boxes :x !

Thanks for sharing your opinion :] and yeah leveling sounds dull and nothing but time-consuming. The fact that this game must have an ending, makes it hard to leave players playing for some time and then restart their progress. What do you think about a role playing game, which does that? Or, the player would lose his contents because he did not catch up with the winning event.. on the other hand making it tense and short, relatively, leads to very quick events especially in Greed Island (more than 100 events within 2 hours) would sound boring. I have been thinking of enabling saving and having no 'winning event', but this would make it like rpg games, but lacking the leveling. I will try to make this a unique game after all, been waiting for some programmer who started HxH game (not just GI) but 5 years after that, it is still not finished, unfortunately :[