ID:1092146

Poll: Make a Kingdom Hearts game?

Good Idea 50% (26)
Bad Idea 50% (26)

Login to vote.

As a beginning programmer I have decided to work on my first project, a Kingdom Hearts game. I decided this because firstly, there are none active on BYOND. Secondly it is something I take interest in and would ENJOY working on. What I want to know is, is this a good idea?

P.S. I will be searching for staff also, comment here if you could help.

I would love to speak to Magic or Kamaro for pointers while developing the game.
Well you can speak to me right now.
If we could speak on MSN that would be great. ^_^

[email protected]
You don't seem to be working on this yet. Any news?
add meh pager
Me too.
Well I guess, this project may be a fail, haven't heard from this key for months, let alone the update, if I have time probally will work on my own Kingdom hearts game
but I'm guessing if I do the project it will fail due to NO TEAM!
In response to Travylleb
Travylleb wrote:
Well I guess, this project may be a fail, haven't heard from this key for months, let alone the update, if I have time probally will work on my own Kingdom hearts game, but I'm guessing if I do the project it will fail due to NO TEAM!
You shouldn't say that :( You can always get a team.
As Months past - "Hey Supertoby I've got myself a team!"
Lol I've done created a KH game with awesome graphics :]
I'll contribute to this necro.
I'll also contribute. B]
But congrats Travy. I like your game so far.
Congratulations Travy, this is impressively polished for a fangame. Could definitely do with some work when it comes to your environment design, seeing as that's really the weak point is your use of open space and the feeling of scale, and the combat is definitely in need of being a bit more fluid and responsive, but it's a great start!
I also think the enemies being dense is a bit of a problem. Don't follow the BYOND trend of enemies being dense. Make them non-dense to the player, and hurt the player (knockback) when they collide.

Also, a much better control scheme would be WASD for move, left-click for attack, right click for magic use (brings up radial menu, treats mouse as a joystick for selection), 1-4 for items.

Q should bring up the inventory menu, not I (I is too far away from the controls.

Last, when/if mousewheel makes it into the language, dear god tie in the mousewheel in moving through the inventory.
It's cool that I finally found a topic related to this game. I actually found it on my own through the BYOND pager, and it's an example I use to show people an example of a polished BYOND game. Keep up the good work.
Is keyblade warriors still a demo
And soon now the game won't be a demo
nice
when will it be done