ID:1092360

I'll just throw some general feature requests up.

1) Right clicking to Join an active game.
http://puu.sh/1DP84

2) Right clicking tabs to close a specific tab, or close all of them.
http://puu.sh/1DP8M

3) Make the pager dockable.
http://puu.sh/1DP9z

4) Have the option to sort Games (like on the main hub, by player count, popularity, etc.)

5) More contrast! The pager is black on dark gray, really difficult to see.

6) Active Connections. Another tab that shows what games we have open, and what games we're currently downloading resources for.
Sounds pretty good.

But for #5 we can change it a bit :)? in the Preferences -> Appearance.

Though it looks like i can't change the color of that light grey used behind the Welcome Byond, borders, text input box and around every other name.
I believe that the hubs in the pager should display screenshots, videos, and medals. They don't appear to currently, and those are pretty central to showing off one's game.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I believe that the hubs in the pager should display screenshots, videos, and medals. They don't appear to currently, and those are pretty central to showing off one's game.

I second the screenshot / media thing. Text overload on some of the games. See steam for direction. Lots of visual content should be first and foremost, and you should have to scroll a bit to see any text walls.
Is there going to be a way for a developer to buy into a non ad experience for his / her users?
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
Is there going to be a way for a developer to buy into a non ad experience for his / her users?

Tom talked about pricing/ads/member benefits back in the first beta topic - id:1058954. I believe it covers your answer.
Flame Sage wrote:
I'll just throw some general feature requests up.

1) Right clicking to Join an active game.
http://puu.sh/1DP84

+1, or no mouse activity other than selecting game

2) Right clicking tabs to close a specific tab, or close all of them.
http://puu.sh/1DP8M

+2

3) Make the pager dockable.
http://puu.sh/1DP9z

Yes, especially on recent windows!

4) Have the option to sort Games (like on the main hub, by player count, popularity, etc.)

+1

5) More contrast! The pager is black on dark gray, really difficult to see.

6) Active Connections. Another tab that shows what games we have open, and what games we're currently downloading resources for.

yes and yes
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
FIREking wrote:

Tom talked about pricing/ads/member benefits back in the first beta topic - id:1058954. I believe it covers your answer.

Thanks, yes that answered my question.

Tom wrote:
I'm also thinking of cutting out commissions and just allowing users to buy a one-time standalone key for a higher price (like $100-$200) to let their game run ad-free for all.
I don't think that the current pager is very intuitive. Perhaps I'm just stuck on the old one; I'm finding the transition to this new one to be a bit more of a pain than I had anticipated. It does make sense the way things are laid out and how they work though.

I can't help but think about how bad it would be for all of the kids who use this site.

To help this, maybe you guys could add DreamSeeker and DreamDaemon buttons to the pager. I think that the DreamMaker is kind of unrelated to the pager and doesn't need a button.

Dreamseeker button should bring up a menu that contains the following options: "Open Location","Open File", and some recently joined games.

DreamDaemon button could bring up a menu that contains "Open File" and some recent binaries that were hosted.

I don't think putting everything under the "Options" button is entirely appropriate.
Yeah, it's kind of bothered me since the file menu was moved into the that Gear/options button. I access Dream Maker through the pager a lot. Sometimes Dream Daemon as well. The same with "open location" prompt to join via addresses. I feel as though there could be buttons on the Home tab of the pager for these things.
Well, in the old pager those things are just in the menu. Would it be better to reinstate that (with an option to toggle it off?)
Nah, the menu bar had like one menu in it. The gear button is fine for settings and stuff. It's just that the other applications (and access to them) needs to be more clear.
Something like this, I'd think.
I like that a lot better, the pager doesn't need to take up a whole window, it should be a sidebar type thing.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
I like that a lot better, the pager doesn't need to take up a whole window, it should be a sidebar type thing.

It is collapsable now, FS.
Check out the newest version.
I'd like close-able tabs to be closed with middle-click.

I do a lot of things with middle-click. For example, middle-clicking an icon on the taskbar (open or not) will open a new instance. In browsers, middle-clicking links will open it in a new tab, and middle-clicking a tab will close it.

When clicking random things in the pager opens up a bunch of tabs, I'd like a way to easily close them without having to headshot the tiny X with my cursor.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
I'd like close-able tabs to be closed with middle-click.

I do a lot of things with middle-click. For example, middle-clicking an icon on the taskbar (open or not) will open a new instance. In browsers, middle-clicking links will open it in a new tab, and middle-clicking a tab will close it.

When clicking random things in the pager opens up a bunch of tabs, I'd like a way to easily close them without having to headshot the tiny X with my cursor.

I second this, I use my middle mouse button a lot.

The tiny x is quite a pain to get, especially with gaming mice that go across the screen in less than 3/4 inch of desk space.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Something like this, I'd think.

I love these mockups.
So basically just add the play/host/create icons to the respective panes (for those that don't know, that's how the pager looks now in "collapsed" mode)? That seems logical. Although I'm honestly not sure the "play" won't be confusing for new users (if it's the first thing they try). The "open location" is really old-school and the intended way to join a game now is to navigate to the game on the hub/pager.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
So basically just add the play/host/create icons to the respective panes (for those that don't know, that's how the pager looks now in "collapsed" mode)? That seems logical. Although I'm honestly not sure the "play" won't be confusing for new users (if it's the first thing they try). The "open location" is really old-school and the intended way to join a game now is to navigate to the game on the hub/pager.

how hard would it be for open location to remember the last... i don't know, 8? locations you typed in, top to bottom most recent to oldest.

I often test changes to server like this:

hitting windows key
typing byond, press enter
hit ctrl + o
then typing the address to my server

It would be great if I could just hit enter after hitting ctrl + o.
Page: 1 2