ID:109597

Keywords: introduction
Back in 2008, I started development of an RPG game, which at the time, had raised a few eyebrows and scored the attention of quite a few people. Unfortunately, that game fell through the cracks and I eventually had to lay it to rest. Much to several peoples annoyance.

But fortunately for me, I was unable to put the pen down. Every once in a while a new idea would pop into my head and I'd think: "Wow, wait a minute, that'd be pretty cool!" This happened to me a lot. And has been happening to me a lot recently.

Although I do have intentions of one day returning to that RPG. Right now isn't the best time. I haven't done any serious DM development in over a year. I doubt I have the knowledge

So lets get down to what this is, why I spent $20.00 on it, wasted yet another potential BYOND key and what I hope to achieve on this blog instead of my own (which gets much more exposure than this ever will).

Down to business:
A lot of the systems I've written up for the game I'm planning on making can pretty easily be turned into libraries or demos. I'm aiming to open up discussion with members of the community to see if we can, together, create a decent solutions which can then be released to the community and aid other struggling developers who might be thinking of writing similar systems.

I was initially planning on skipping an introductory post and jumping straight into content. But due to strong storms (Mt. Gambier - Warrnambool, I'm in the middle), my own health and work in an hour, I'll have to postpone the first post until Friday.

Ta.
What kind of RPG is it?
SuperAntx wrote:
What kind of RPG is it?

That part is a secret. I don't want to needlessly build up hype on the chance I fail my attempts.

Also, turns out the storms completely skipped over me. But nevertheless, I still had work and am still as sick as a dog.
Then why post about it in the first place?
SuperAntx wrote:
Then why post about it in the first place?

Back story as to what lead to this move. I like to make things interesting.
The purpose of this account isn't so much to generate hype over the game he's working on, but to chronicle his quest in re-learning DM; as well as provide insight into his development practices.

yea+
SuperAntx wrote:
What kind of RPG is it?

that information can be found. you just have to look for it.
Zxcvdnm wrote:

I'm not about to go on a treasure hunt for something I should have been able to ask about directly.
Zxcvdnm wrote:

Several design theories have been changed, and a majority of that information is entirely outdated. So he wont be able to find much by searching.
SuperAntx wrote:
I'm not about to go on a treasure hunt for something I should have been able to ask about directly.

And I gave you a direct answer. It summed up to "I don't want to discuss the game further". It's that simple.

I'm here to develop libraries (with or without community support) which although will be used in said game, will be developed independently of the game itself.

I'm not here to discuss a game I'll be writing in the future. Designing of that game is ongoing. Things may change, things maybe cut and things maybe added.