ID:10963

The playable demo of Galactic Civilations II has finially been released! You can download it either from Gamespot, or from Download.com.

GalCiv II is a space-themed 4X strategy game (eXpand, eXplore, eXploit, eXterminate) by Stardock. If you haven't bought the game, download the demo now for some turn-based strategy fun! :)
I have the game and like it a lot. It is reputed to have the best AI in any strategy game, and the developer does very frequent updates.

So far I've focussed on playing as Humans just trying to win through Alliances. I have to play on Beginner level, and I did manage an Influence victory, but haven't figured out the Alliance thing yet.

There are a lot of ways to play this game, and you can spend a long time learning all the nooks and crannies, but unlike other games like that, I found it very approachable and enjoyable to learn.

Also, I usually don't like creating my own units, but they did a GREAT job with creating your own spaceships. Plus, the ships you create are available in future games you play so you don't have to keep re-creating them. Yay!
just think: you could make a fan-game based on it with your new digitalBYOND guild account! :)