ID:109795

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yesterday marked the start of Stratics: A turn-based strategy game, using tactics gameplay.

The game will be a multiplayer "Defend-the-castle-whilst-killing-other-castles" kinda game, where players deploy units to battle each other, with the goal of destroying their opponents castle.

Each unit will start off as a base class, and can gain class upgrades through cards. Different classes have different stats/abilities, with a total of 21 classes (6 of which are subscriber) in total.

Instead of players taking turns to move all their units, the turns will be unit based. So if a player has a lot of fast units, the player will have more turns than the others.

The game is planned to be up to 8 player, with the first release being 2 player.

Todays Work:

The Eggmen joined the team! He shall be doing icon work for the game, including the base mob.

Finally sorted out the movement! Movement will be dependant on the units range stat, depicting how many tiles it can move per turn. I had problems making the highlights that show where the unit can move to be deleted, but it is all sorted now. Also, any tile that is already occupied may not be moved to.

I have some placeholder icons atm.

all 21 units have been added in, code wise. The first 6 available classes have had their stats added in.

Thats about it for today. Although as I type this I am thinking of more things to code.

--Darkoro