Guardians

by Falacy
Battle alongside your allies in an effort to defend loot from hordes of monsters!
ID:109846

This game is a remake/sequel to Gold Guardians. Setup troops from various RPG styled classes in an effort to defend piles of loot from endless hordes of ever stronger monsters. This time, you directly control a Hero, and can battle alongside your allies. Lead on to victory!

If you enjoy the games, and wish to support the development of these projects, then take a look at our subscription systems. Not only do your donations fund the servers and updates for all Stray Games, but they net you some overall advantages, and unique bonuses in our entire collection.
Very fun great sound hopeing to see more.
Button that turns off sound.
Person who originally starts game, can reset it.
Ability to move units.

Bugs:
Guy left game but his king or whatever still stayed. Does not delete it upon logout.
Top parts of the castle (the towers) are bugged. Characters do not react from there even with upgrades.

Suggestions and Thoughs:
A skill tree?! -Hey, that would be sexy-
Ganing wrote:
Button that turns off sound.
Volume controls are planned, and already setup for the most part. I just haven't implemented the UI for them yet.

Person who originally starts game, can reset it.
This is probably a good idea. The option to restart is already available for the host. It wouldn't be difficult to add it for whoever starts the first wave

Ability to move units.
I've considered it. Though I'm not sure exactly how it should be handled. For now, you can just sell and replace them. If they're at max health then there won't be a loss.

Bugs:
Guy left game but his king or whatever still stayed. Does not delete it upon logout.
That's not a bug. They're left until the round ends, so if they rejoin they can resume play. I think that system does need some fine tuning, though

Top parts of the castle (the towers) are bugged. Characters do not react from there even with upgrades.
Known. Technically, this is because the upgrades don't work. oview() doesn't consider sight settings. On top of fixing that, I plan on giving troops on walls Arc/Insight automatically, and a +1 range bonus. Plus they're immune to all non-flying enemies when on walls, might make ranged enemies shoot them as well.

Suggestions and Thoughs:
A skill tree?! -Hey, that would be sexy-
Aside from the upgrades that already exists?
Alright so about wave 20 I begin to fail. There is just no way past it unless I'm on top of my units... will more upgrades be available to help balance out and keep the archer goblins from slaying me?

Also it would be more "professional" if the title at the top of the game said "Gold Guardians: Tales Of A King" instead of "GGToaK". Just saying.
The end is nigh... Survived 27 Waves for 830 Seconds of Combat Time, Slaying 3571 Enemies.

the game is amaizing and very fun :P keep it up.
When will there be something more then goblins?
Sometime. And players will be able to create their own maps, with their own enemies
This is a really fun wave-based strategy game. I like the improvements over the original game!
Yeah, I kinda liked the new HUB, I only played one map(if there is more then one) so I don't know the other ones... and I died on level 1 because it was a hard map lol
Once the wave of goblin archers comes in, you're pretty much screwed, unless you're quick enough to replace the unit you just lost. Not to mention, the unit you're replacing will start at level 1 and almost die instantly to even more goblin archers. I think the furthest I got was wave 31 before there were so many goblin archers, I couldn't keep up with the losses, ran out of gold, and that was it.
The end is nigh... Survived 41 Waves for 2267 Seconds of Combat Time, Slaying 8322 Enemies.

NEW HIGH SCORE!!!
I'll add a scoreboard =P
I honestly think new modes with different themes would be awesome. Get with the times and add a zombie survival mode or something. lol
There actually are zombies in the standard campaign. And with the editor, somebody could make a game that was nothing but zombies. Unless you mean something else?
Ah yeah... I forgot about the editor. Will it be free or with subscription?
Free, to some degree at least. Probably allow subscribers to upload custom icons for turfs and enemies, while the free version only allows you to access the ones already built in.
I'm also thinking that you should probably do something about making the squires a little... tougher. Unless you're already going to put in the previous units from the original game, squires just aren't built to take the punishment from the goblin archers. I think the highest level squire I had was level 10, because he never got touched and it seems the goblin archers target ONE person in particular if they can reach him.
I can't wait for an update, Ima kill the scoreboard.

Also, may I request a toggle on the pop-up info? Like when your mouse goes over a squire it pops up and when I have a bunch of troops it gets in the way...
Something I'm noticing... Upon defeat and/or restart, you do not automatically gain the starting 1000 gold to immediately play again. You have to restart the client entirely to play again.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7