While using Google, I found
http://byond.wikia.com/
:o
I didn't say it was a reasonable issue, I said it was the issue everyone had with the wikis we've tried in the past. Even the more skilled users complained about having to keep track of a second account just to handle the wiki.
You're free to go through with your project, but you're not the first one to try it and probably won't be the last one. We also did have one of the wiki attempts linked to the main BYOND page for something like six months and there were still no contributions worth noting.
Neblim wrote:
...is they're so lazy, they can't create a new account, with the same name, same / similar password

If you're stupid enough to use the same user name and password for an unofficially related website, then that's an entirely separate problem...

If you expect this thing to be successful at all, then you need to propagate it with a ton of useful information to get it started and draw people in. You shouldn't bother making a wiki in the first place if you're just going to let it sit there, waiting for everyone else to fill it up, without ever contributing anything yourself.
Wow, I haven't looked at my recommendation in a while but I am glad to see I am not the only one who is interested in this.

I like the look of the page ExPixelset up and I just requested access. I am more than willing to do whatever I can to help this project, whether it is editing, admin, or adding content. (Even if it is just copying info over from the reference for now...)

Hopefully this project will take off, I have been wanting something like this since I joined in '03 (on my drumersl key).
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)

BYONDBwicki died a painful death many a year ago.
Page: 1 2