ID:1103311

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?feature=player_embedded&v=psCoR4zmIpE#!

Woot woot! 1200 units of the Ouya have been shipped to developers so they can sort of get a headstart in making games for it. I've actually been looking into some Android development myself because it seems attention is sort of leaving from flash and onto the Android and HTML5 market. Plus, this is going to hurt the "big three" consoles as well. Who is going to want to keep buying $300 consoles and $60 dollar games when they can buy a $99 console that you can easily make your own games for and all the games are free to try? You can even watch Twitch streams on it ( which would work wonders because I watch a ton more Twitch than I do cable anyway, almost nothing on cable is worth watching anymore besides Breaking Bad ).

This Julie girl is like, the Notch of gaming consoles. She just comes out of nowhere with this genius idea and bam - $8 million. I hope this works out. I told myself I would never buy another console again but Ouya just might make me reconsider.
How is this a 'genius' idea. It's just BYOND on a console with streaming.
Cody123100 wrote:
Don't get too excited about it. It's a smartphone without the built-in display or the features of a phone. It has the processing power of an iPhone 5 and it's running Android.

Well since this is mainly geared towards indie developers, and indie developers rarely make games with modern console technology, it's really not an issue. If this is what Ouya is capable of, indie developers will be more than satisfied. It even has a Unity development kit so you can port those games over as well.

Several mobile games already work with controllers designed to plug into tablets. On top of that, many mobile gamers play their games at home anyway. I always catch my Mom on the couch playing Angry Birds. I doubt people would be opposed to playing mobile games on their TV. If there was no interest, people wouldn't have donated $8 million to see Ouya come to life.
As I said, just BYOND/ Unity on a console.
I'm totally getting it.