ID:110516

Keywords: nestalgia
Subscription Changes
Two weeks ago I regarded NEStalgia as simply a fun hobby that I enjoyed sharing with a small community of players -- a project that I could work on in my free time with no real pressure to constantly release updates, etc.

...As you might have guessed, my hopes and plans for NEStalgia have since changed considerably. I now view this project as something that has the potential to become exponentially bigger and appeal to a wide audience of players... and it's time to start taking the development of the game a bit more seriously.

In the coming weeks I will speak in-depth about what our long term goals are for NEStalgia. There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment, but I'm not ready to talk about any of that just yet. What I am going to do, however, is start to roll out some changes that will help us to maintain the game's long term viability.

First on the agenda: I'm adjusting NEStalgia's subscription pricing structure in order to ensure that we have enough revenue coming in to support a small team of coders, as well as to pay for overhead costs such as servers/bandwidth.

The new pricing structure is simple, and I still think that it is very fair (even super cheap). Consider the fact that not only are we going to be updating and expanding the game with new features and content on a regular basis, we're still offering all of that content free of charge to non-susbscribers. NEStalgia is still free, and no one is forced to subscribe! It also goes without saying that anyone who has already purchased a subscription will not be affected by these changes.

Those of you who wish to purchase a subscription at the old rates ($9/year or $20/life) have about a day and a half to do so. The new rates will take effect shortly after Midnight PST Tuesday (early Wednesday morning).

More Server Merges!
Last night's quadruple server merge of Mardeck, Efrain, Cornelia and Hazordhu went exceptionally well. Users are much happier to have more people to play with, and thanks to the new character creation servers there has been minimal lag.

The relative ease of this merge has inspired us to step up our schedule and merge the remaining servers later tonight. Please click the following links for details on the two big merges we'll be performing:

SERVER MERGE: Algol + Golbez + Kaldan + Krasus

SERVER MERGE: Irmit + Mellaine + Zenithia + Hakaimo

The Black Sanctum
Details and screenshots are coming soon, likely tomorrow or Wednesday. Our release target is still this Friday the 11th, and barring any unforeseen problems I think that we're still on track to make it.

Open PvP and PvP Tournaments
We'll sort out which servers will be switching over to Open PvP next week. We'll also organize some official PvP tournaments next week for each server.

Email Overload
I'm doing my best to respond to emails as they come in, but some are slipping through the cracks. I'll keep at it, but for most requests or technical issues your best bet is to make a post on the Silk Games forums.

Follow NEStalgia:
NEStalgia Homepage
NEStalgia Facebook Page
Silk Games Twitter
Silk Games YouTube Channel
WOO
Love, love, love, love, love all this. Once I get my project out, I'll be flocking Shrenwold once again, with my Ranger!
Let's assume someone doesn't play NEStalgia (only out of lack of time with upcoming events in their personal life) and wont be able to for quite sometime, but they still want to contribute some cash towards your efforts. How would I ...eh... he be able to do this?
Buy subscriptions for other people who play the game. Random acts of kindness.
Cbgames wrote:

I tend to buy people subscriptions for in game gold.
Yusuke13 wrote:
Let's assume someone doesn't play NEStalgia (only out of lack of time with upcoming events in their personal life) and wont be able to for quite sometime, but they still want to contribute some cash towards your efforts. How would I ...eh... he be able to do this?

Thanks for your interest in supporting the game :-)

We actually had several of the new players make this request, so I set up a way for people to donate to the NEStalgia cause. Info on that is here: http://silkgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4395

That said, gift subscriptions are also a great way to go because at least then you get something tangible in return for your contribution.
Evil-Inuyasha wrote:
Cbgames wrote:

I tend to buy people subscriptions for in game gold.

Wait, is this against the rules, and if not, what's the rates, haha.

I'd gladly gift a membership for ingame gold.. It'd be like buying PLEX on EVE Online.
Haha, I'd laugh myself to death if someone made a "NEStalgia Gold" website.
1000 gold for just $1 you can't find it any cheaper buy now you won't regret it!!!
I got a one year sub for entring the contest! :D