ID:110600

Keywords: nestalgia
Open PvP
I've made some decisions about which servers will be going "Open PvP" this Saturday. If there is enough demand for it, we can switch or start up additional servers. The current list:
  • Shrenwold
  • Zenithia
  • Cornelia
On an Open PvP server you can be attacked by anyone without being prompted to agree to fight. There are some limitations in place to prevent extreme griefing:
  • Players below level 10 cannot be attacked
  • The town of Ennar, Banks and the Marketplaces are safe zones (Inns and NPC shops are not)
  • If there is more than a 7 level difference between any member of the two parties, no gold is exchanged
  • After losing successive PvP fights, a "No PvP" timer of increasing length protects the losers from repeated ganking
New Server
A few players have been complaining that the new high-population servers are seeing some increased lag during peak hours. We may have been a little over-ambitious with the server merges, so we're going to open up a new server to offload some of that traffic. The new server is called "Sosaria", and it will be PvE. Server address: byond://168.144.130.185:50444

We are now taking requests from players on all other servers who wish to transfer to Sosaria (and only to Sosaria for the time being). If you are on a high population server and don't like it, or if you are a player on one of the three Open PvP servers listed above and you'd rather be on a PvE server, now is your chance to move.

Your guild will not transfer, and the items you have listed in the market place will not transfer. It is your responsibility to cancel your auctions before the savefile move takes place.

We will take transfer requests in the comments section of this post, or in this topic on the Silk Games forums. Please list your BYOND Key and the name of the server that you're currently on. The first wave of transfers will be happening tonight (Thursday night) after midnight PST.

We'll deal with all other character transfers early next week (if you are on Norwood, Algol or Reddit and wish to transfer to one of the Open PvP servers, please wait until then to make your requests).

The Black Sanctum Update
I'll have a long and detailed blog entry about the Black Sanctum for you perhaps as early as this evening. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to push our target release date of Friday the 11th back a couple days to allow time for testing etc. Sunday the 13th is our new release target.

For those of you who aren't a member of "the social network", I've taken this screenshot of the Black Sanctum Preview that fans of the NEStalgia Facebook page have had access to for awhile now. Enjoy :)

PvP Tournaments
There is talk amongst the new NEStalgia Moderators about organizing some impromptu PvP Tournaments at the Colosseum this weekend across all servers, complete with Emblem rewards. More on that later if it becomes official.

Follow NEStalgia:
NEStalgia Homepage
NEStalgia Facebook Page
Silk Games Twitter
Silk Games YouTube Channel
Excellent news as always! Looking forward to the Black Sactum, although I haven't even done any Artic North quests yet. A bit lazy with that. Open PvP is excellent too!
I thought a vote was to happen so server players could decide for themselves (a majority ruling perhaps?) All it would take is a poll in game, perhaps limited by IP, computer Id or something to prevent multi-voting.

Personally, I think a trial-period of Open-Pvp would be a great way for the community to decide if they want it or not; One week of Open PvP and then the players can vote if they want it or not.

Or Open pvp at certain times of the day. Lets PvE enthusiasts have their safe time while having a set time of Open pvpers. Could be PvE mornings, Pvp nights, or change every other day, or make it weekdays are open pvp with weekends PvE (or vice versa depending the server's stand on Pvp). A happy middleground.
just transfer if you don't like it, don't make it complicated for the ones that do.
wow, guess I'm moving servers... off my carebear lame norwood -.-
Why move existing servers to PvP? Why not start new ones that are PvP? So basically anyone under lvl 25 is going to want to be moved as soon as 3 lvl 32 dBags get together and make it unplayable. Aren't you just making more work for yourselves?
They just recently merged like 15 servers into five, creating more servers would be counter-productive.
Ruesen wrote:
I thought a vote was to happen so server players could decide for themselves (a majority ruling perhaps?) All it would take is a poll in game, perhaps limited by IP, computer Id or something to prevent multi-voting.

The plan was to do an official poll, but the honest truth is that my time at this point is better spent cranking on the Sanctum update and focusing on the plans for NEStalgia's future growth and development. Chances are that the results of that poll would have been evenly split, with about the same percentage results on all servers anyway.

SpaceGerbil wrote:
Why move existing servers to PvP? Why not start new ones that are PvP?

We've been saying all along that some of the existing servers will be making the switch.

Unfortunately there are no perfect solutions here. No matter what we do there are going to be some unhappy people, so our only choice is to make the best decision that we can and stick with it. To be honest, in the grand scheme of things this really isn't that big of a deal.
SilkWizard wrote:
To be honest, in the grand scheme of things this really isn't that big of a deal.

Tell that to my Guild, as this has pretty much split us in two :-) Oh well, thanks for the feedback!

If you are scared of PvP, stay off the PvP servers. It's not like we WoW level gank the shit out of you. The game is still small enough to keep these sorts of things controlled.

Plus the big PvPers are actually the ones who hunt the griefers, that shit gives us all a bad name.
Some of us don't have an inherent aversion to PvP, and would like to stay on our server to see how things shake out. Are the server transfers a limited time offer, or would we be able to switch in, say, a month if we decide it's too much of a hassle?
I would like to transfer from Cornelia to the PvE server. BYOND Key is Dozus.
I would like to move from Shrenwold (Brianvanle)
I would like to move from Zenithia to the new PvE server. (NordicNinja)
Way to break the game Silk. Now I can't walk into a town without being ambushed by a 3-person party...
Please fix this...
BarefootNinja wrote:
Please fix this...

Please transfer to the new PvE server: http://silkgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4595
Are you still taking transfer requests on this page? If so, I would like to move from Cornelia (Borrego Experience).
Yup, we still are. The next wave of transfers will begin later today or late tonight, so we'll make sure you're included.
I would like to be transfered to the PvE server. Currently on Cornelia (hblove1). Also, when/how will i be notified of the switch and will all of my characters (i have 4) be transfered, or just my top character? i'm also a subscriber, so i want to make sure the items in my subscriber-exclusive character transfer vault will also be transfered.
I would also like to be transfered from Shrenwood (Afon).
Page: 1 2