ID:110795

I'm having the trouble of actually connecting to any game on my college campus. I know there is a way around it but I just don't know. If someone does, that would be great, thanks.
I'd tell you but only members of Bikini Party can post comments.
Funny. I'm accessing BYOND from school as well. I use TeamViewer and connect to my home computer so that I can do all my shiz.
Edit: Everyone can post
Do some school work!
Your college might have the ports the games are being hosted on blocked.
Your pager works and Dream Seeker fails to connect, right? (It either says "Failed" or the splash screen closes?)
I have the same problem. Its not that they are blocking anything completely, but they are limiting the packets that come through (apparently, this is what I was told). Its just because they have to provide internet for the entire campus, and they see BYOND as a low priority.

Ganing had a good idea with Team Viewer, if you have a computer somewhere you can access 24/7. Meh, if you find a solution, tell me.
Alexander08 wrote:
I have the same problem. Its not that they are blocking anything completely, but they are limiting the packets that come through (apparently, this is what I was told).

This is generally correct. Most of the time it's due to some filtering most Universities have in place to stop peer to peer file sharing that catches BYOND in with it.

An alternative solution to Team Viewer if you have access to a VPS is to use OpenVPN. Or, if you have the resources, you can use my initial solution.
Hm. BYOND has never had an issue on my college campus.
Sorry if this isn't really relevant to your post but I couldn't find a post relating to this and I can't actually seem to post anything myself, I can only comment.

I am having a problem loading games, it says "Dream seeker is out of date, go download the latest version." But I have the latest version of Byond, is there something else I need?