ID:110903

BYOND Version:480
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 10.0.648.134
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When outputting a link to the output element, you are able to click on the link ANYWHERE directly below the link in the output element until another line of text is output below it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- Create an output element in the interface editor
- Make sure the output element is sizable enough to have empty space in both directions (to the right of and below) the link that is output
- Hover your cursor over the empty space directly beneath the link and to the right of the link and to the bottom right of the link to view the "click hyperlink" mouse cursor
- Click on the link by clicking on the empty space directly below the link

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
client/verb/test_link()
src<<"http://www.google.com"

Expected Results:
The link is NOT clickable in that fashion

Actual Results:
You can click the link without actually clicking on the link

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games? Not sure, but most likely
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? Not sure, but most likely

When does the problem NOT occur?
When another line of text is output right after the link (this new line of text does NOT need to span the width of the link)

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
I am unsure because this is the first time I noticed this.

Workarounds:
Unless you want to output a line break after each output, there is no workaround.

How could this affect security?
Accidentally clicking a link to a virus?
Bump?
I can confirm as this is something that has always bothered/confused/interested me. I've always assumed it was a quirk with the RichText.
I've looked at the messages we have available and tried to work around the issue, but I could find no simple means to really do so. It looks like to do this properly I'd basically have to emulate a bunch of the code we use for custom painting over a background image. This isn't as simple as it could or should be I'm afraid.
This same problem happens in half the places around the site