ID:111064

Resolved
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.13
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

The site seems to be acting a bit goofy when it comes to attaching blog posts to hub entries via the 'discussion' element. The last two posts I've made that should be attached to a hub entry (hub://Skysaw.MyLifeasaSpy) didn't reflect it until after I edited the existing post to specifically point at the entry; which I did when initially making the posts but it still went into the [Community] section.

Now after editing the posts they still aren't showing up on the hub entry, even though my first one of the same nature is. I'm a helper on the hub entry and both posts are listed in the [Games] section.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Make a blog post, select a hub entry to 'discuss'.

2) In my case the post didn't reflect the selection of a hub entry.

3) Edit the post to properly be attached to the hub entry.

4) Check the hub entry and see no changes to the "More Info" section.

Expected Results:

Posts to properly attach to hub entries, and the "More Info" section to reflect this.

Actual Results:

The need to edit posts to point them at a hub entry with no changes to the hub page.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?

Seems to happen all the time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?

Seems to have been working when I made the blog post about 'Apollo 1.6'.

Workarounds:

None known.
I've also noticed that the hub entry doesn't attach and that I have to edit the post to make it work. I figured its a browser-specific problem, but if you're getting it in firefox then I guess not.
Even after editing it, my post wasn't attached to the game (EDIT: Its showing now). Though, it did seem to completely lose that hub link in the initial posting. Also, I thought blogs being displayed on hubs was something controlled by blog moderators, not just an automatic feature?
The issue with it showing up on hub pages seems to be caused by the server-side cache system. Making a new post attached to the entry forces a cache update but it appears they overlooked editing posts. Anything else that causes the entry to update will cause the posts to display.
LordAndrew resolved issue
Another blog-related issue.