I don't get why people are so mad over this issue.
Jedioh wrote:
I don't get why people are so mad over this issue.

Because people spent years doing what this site is here for them to do, in its most literal sense. That is to build their own net dream. They simply didn't care to factor in the law. As is common with humanity, we blame others for our mistakes.
Anybody else find it odd that this was posted just a few days before April Fools?

...anyone?
Buck1995 wrote:
Ruin Years Of Hard Work.

Don't base your dreams on someone else's licensed material.

Harsh, but the case.

ZaibTrain wrote:
Anybody else find it odd that this was posted just a few days before April Fools?

...anyone?

Don't get your hopes up its april the 2nd now >_>
Is this like a legit email because someone could make a counterfeit email just to get rid of the DBZ games on byond
Damn... without *some* of these highly populated games, like HU/ HU2(they kinda deserved this, I mean $50 for a life sub is outrageous especially since the icons were ripped), Dragon Ball Online/II (never got officially released, they did all that work for nothing; kinda sad) and Pylar's Mystic World. BYOND may never be the same, all because of "FUNimation" directing their anger towards 2-D fan-made games. Good thing they don't have rights to Naruto/Bleach -yet- D:

On the bright side, maybe this will give those people that have suffered and chance to play those other byond games that don't get as much players.
Tummy wrote:
BYOND may never be the same, all because of "FUNimation" directing their anger towards 2-D fan-made games. Good thing they don't have rights to Naruto/Bleach -yet- D:

I'm not sure in what way it won't be the same. Fangames will still exist, just not anywhere on the BYOND.com website, which statistics suggest the people who play those games don't even use.

On the bright side, maybe this will give those people that have suffered and chance to play those other byond games that don't get as much players.

On the bright side, we might get some original content being consistently developed at long last.
Hmph...
Aceraptor wrote:
Is this like a legit email because someone could make a counterfeit email just to get rid of the DBZ games on byond

It has been verified to be legitimate, yes.
I say make the games private.
Honestly, FUNimations can go suck a big one for all I care. Some games that got money out of it deserve nothing, however, those who put hard work just for -fun- shouldn't have to have all their work shoved down the toilet.

But, I'm waiting for the april-fools to unload. Considering; Only specific games were shut down, they'd state in general "ANY games that are taking our title, ideas, etc are to be shut down immediately or we'll take legal action". However, did you notice only games that have been active lately, and specific things are being brought down?
I dunno, we'll figure it out. I'd think FUNimation would've did more damage.
Dang this sucks badly then.
It's not an April Fools, guys. Do you really think that'd go so far as to nuke hub entries and age-old games nobody even plays any more?
Meh, who cares.
Zewo wrote:
Meh, who cares.

You should read the whole comments and then you'll see who cares o.o
Wow. . . Funimation is discriminating like sooooo much. All I'm going to say is. . .Someone needs to take a shit in a bag and leave it on someone's doorstep.
also consider the fact that there IS a mmo dragon ball game that has an official license to dragon ball.they're just eliminating the competition.Its a tough world out there.
Discriminating how?
You broke the law by developing a game on their licensed content.

That means you're entirely at fault and they're perfectly okay to do this.
The only reason licensed anime works are ever okay is because BYOND did you people a huge favour and turned a blind eye.
there eliminating all those games that had that little "Donation" symbol on their page and in game...
They're covering themselves from more DMCA notices and legal action.

Why does this surprise anyone?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16