Dragonballz games are a dying propect on BYOND compared to a few years ago when they were truely everywhere(Pre-Naruto and Bleach days).
Atol Soldier wrote:
Soo... Silk snitched BYOND? o.o"

I've not heard anything confirming it thus far. But if he did, that's incredibly sleazy of him.

Doubt it'll get his game many hits, too, if it's true. Noone wants to pal around with the guy who tries to get his competitors closed down in under-handed ways.

Regardless, if he did, he's got even more competition now. Because now some of us fan-game owners are re-working our games to be placed on the main hub.

So if he did do this, he really went and shot himself in the foot.
So now we should expect the same for bleach and naruto some time in the future?
Ayito wrote:
SilkWizard always had something against Anime Games, even though he tends to deny it, this is just more prove about his hate towards it.

I don't understand his problem it doesn't hurt anybody, people play the games because they enjoy it, and when they enjoy games they tend to donate to help the game improve, but he was getting jealous of people such as Falacy making money out of it,

while if you take a look at SilkWizard's game, you see this:

NEStalgia is 100% free to play start-to-finish without a subscription. For an optional fee ($9/six months • $15/year • $27/lifetime), NEStalgia subscribers get access to the following features:

In other words, if you pay; you get good at the game, you don't pay; there's no hope, you can aswell quit.

Some people escape from mental institutions :)
Ayito wrote:
SilkWizard always had something against Anime Games, even though he tends to deny it, this is just more prove about his hate towards it.

I don't understand his problem it doesn't hurt anybody, people play the games because they enjoy it, and when they enjoy games they tend to donate to help the game improve, but he was getting jealous of people such as Falacy making money out of it,

while if you take a look at SilkWizard's game, you see this:

NEStalgia is 100% free to play start-to-finish without a subscription. For an optional fee ($9/six months • $15/year • $27/lifetime), NEStalgia subscribers get access to the following features:

In other words, if you pay; you get good at the game, you don't pay; there's no hope, you can aswell quit.

So .. i guess everyone hates him now -.-"
The Dark Prince X wrote:
Of course i do. What i'm pointing out is that all of this was hurting nobody, untill Silk got jealous of Falacy.

For me to be "jealous" or envious, Falacy would have had to have been in possession of something that I wanted for myself (wealth, talent, respect). Yet the fact is that you couldn't have paid me a million dollars to swap places with Falacy, and the inevitability of yesterday's C&Ds are only a tiny part of the reason why.

I suppose that he's been a well known person in the BYOND Anime community for awhile, but up until a month or two ago I was only aware of his existence in a passing sense. Trying to turn this into a SilkWizard vs. Falacy issue might be nice for the drama queens to have something to banter about, but it's not even close to being an accurate portrayal of events.

That said, I know that reality isn't going to have much of a bearing on how the anime community reacts to this, so have at it.
SilkWizard wrote:
The Dark Prince X wrote:
Of course i do. What i'm pointing out is that all of this was hurting nobody, untill Silk got jealous of Falacy.

For me to be "jealous" or envious, Falacy would have had to have been in possession of something that I wanted for myself (wealth, talent, respect). Yet the fact is that you couldn't have paid me a million dollars to swap places with Falacy, and the inevitability of yesterday's C&Ds are only a tiny part of the reason why.

I suppose that he's been a well known person in the BYOND Anime community for awhile, but up until a month or two ago I was only aware of his existence in a passing sense. Trying to turn this into a SilkWizard vs. Falacy issue might be nice for the drama queens to have something to banter about, but it's not even close to being an accurate portrayal of events.

That said, I know that reality isn't going to have much of a bearing on how the anime community reacts to this, so have at it.

So you had nothing to do with this?
SilkWizard wrote:
The Dark Prince X wrote:

You know, it would certainly help people to agree and empathize with you, if you were a bit less arrogant about this whole thing.

It's alot harder to take someone seriously when their every post oozes condescending arrogance.

Try laying out some facts instead. You were doing good before you started with the whole "bearing of the anime community" crap.

Most of us long-time developers/hosts only made and supported games in the anime community because that's where the demographic was. Don't fault the builder for the patron's expectations, pal.
It was all aimed towards Falacy Silk, we know it, but you took somewhat half of the Anime Community with you.

http://www.byond.com/members/ SilkWizard?command=view_post&post=110915#comments_110915_ski p=2

The Developer is obviously Falacy, you were jealous of him and had to do that, and I do not know how it could hurt anyone people choose to subscribe for his games because his games are good.

Unlike what you're doing you're kinda forcing people to donate, as I stated in the previous post, you pay, you get good at the game, you don't pay you're hopeless and can aswell just quit the game.
Forum_account wrote:
SuperAntx wrote:
Forum_account wrote:
Why would it be difficult to make that game original? I've always wondered why people didn't make original anime games in the first place - you're 90% of the way there.

That would defeat the entire purpose of making an anime game.

For some people, you're right. The people who put the dbz theme first (ahead of gameplay) are outraged. They think they've put a lot of work into game development, and they have put in a lot of effort, but their effort was put towards tv show copying, not game development. The people who understand that gameplay comes first (ex: Bandock seems to understand this) realize that the dbz theme can easily be removed.

This isn't much different from coding something poorly to later realize that you need to redo it. Sometimes that's an honest mistake, but in this case (making a fan game) you knew you were cutting corners, so don't expect any sympathy (especially if you're now hesitant to correct the mistake!)

TF2 was waste deep in this shit cause it was an homage to LSW games as well as me continuing to prove that not all db games are rips of some random source. I'm not mad I'm in the same boat as some people I've already given up on TF2 and let the fans have it and told them it was done and i was gonna one day make TF3 TF3 plans are dead now but I'm just going Wat? Cause funimation took the time out to do this.
All this Silk hate is unnecessary. I'm absolutely one of the very last people that one come to this elitist defense but, I'll put my petty issues with him aside and say: There is no need to aimlessly point fingers at him. Yes, everyone knows silk doesn't like anime games(even if he does deny it) we all know. However, that is no reason to automatically say he did it.(even though I think he did but that's not the point)

Now, lets say he did do it. That's no reason to start spamming "Silk snitched on byond" or "Silk is just a jealous noob"(I lol'd at that one btw) And lets not drag NEStalgia into this just because its his game. Besides silk said himself he didn't do it(even though i think so) but he might have caused it.(looking for the post where he said it now)
SilkWizard wrote:
The Dark Prince X wrote:

so did you have anything to do with this?
Akriloth wrote:
So now we should expect the same for bleach and naruto some time in the future?

It's pretty much eventual. So, yeah.
Yo silk are you happy now? You fucked up DBZ on BYOND -.-
Ayito wrote:
http://www.byond.com/members/ SilkWizard?command=view_post&post=110915#comments_110915_ski p=2

Silk your an idiot these games is what's keeping BYOND alive seriously what's wrong with you if you want money get a job you have really hurt this small community now.
Atol Soldier wrote:
Yo silk are you happy now? You fucked up DBZ on BYOND -.-

Looking for a scapegoat already?
Dude. I totally called FUNimation. Blame meh!
Frieza111 wrote:
Ayito wrote:

Silk your an idiot these games is what's keeping BYOND alive[Citation Needed] seriously what's wrong with you if you want money get a job you have really hurt this small community now.

Enzuigiri wrote:
All this Silk hate is unnecessary. I'm absolutely one of the very last people that one come to this elitist defense but, I'll put my petty issues with him aside and say: There is no need to aimlessly point fingers at him. Yes, everyone knows silk doesn't like anime games(even if he does deny it) we all know. However, that is no reason to automatically say he did it.(even though I think he did but that's not the point)

Now, lets say he did do it. That's no reason to start spamming "Silk snitched on byond" or "Silk is just a jealous noob"(I lol'd at that one btw) And lets not drag NEStalgia into this just because its his game. Besides silk said himself he didn't do it(even though i think so) but he might have caused it.(looking for the post where he said it now)

^ To be honest, "IF" he did it he would've done it sooner, but he thought about Tom more then his "hate" on anime games

(I love anime games but no need to blame someone for something you can't proof...)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16