ID:1114008

(See the best response by Kozuma3.)
Problem description:
i have been looking into BYOND 4.0's interface system for the past few weeks and have learned how to create a correct splash and button clicking interface screen such as the ones mentioned in Tiberath's "Decent Game Design" document and Poplava's "Starter Interface Example" demo.

The next part i want to learn is how to have an attribute/skill interface screens such as the ones used in SW: KOTOR and Fallout 3 (tells you what games i love to play, sorta). It's mainly how to show the player's stat number output when you first enter the screen and when you click on +/- such as the examples of the games i mentioned above, plus also to show attribute modifiers when the attributes are changed.

I've read through the interface guides i could find throughout BYOND's forum, but apparently i'm either missing something (lmao if i did) or this hasn't been elaborated on enough (i'm hopin :D).

Much thanks to whomever can help point me into the right direction on this problem i'm facing.

BlackClaw175
Best response
Use labels and winset the text parameter of the element at run-time.
winset(src,"default.label1","text=\"Over 9000!")

And for the buttons just give the default text via the .dmf file to a + and attach a verb to said button.

mob/verb
Addatk()
set hidden=1
if(SKILL_POINTS)
SKILL_POINTS--
ATTACK++
Thanks Kozuma. It's workin perfectly now.
No problem.