ID:111436

Pokemon Battle Force Update V.1.1

Pokemon Battle Force is getting pretty popular lately, and I just wanted to state a few things. First. Yes, I am happy about this fact. But with it comes a lot of problems.

First off, I don't need programmers OR mappers. These 2 things involve the game source, and I don't feel the need to put that out there so much. Second, if you can icon, I would likely give you a Pokemon or Money or something in return.

So anyone looking for stuff in return, sorry, but no.

For anyone who isn't, and is just so kind to do things out of the goodness of their hearts. You are awesome!

Here is a screenie!

Win update is Win. Liking the new starter zone =)
Lol @ Person that commented they were contacting the owners of Pokemon for copyright infringement and deleted it. Good luck with that.
Nice stuff there Prince : D
I have every kanto,johto, and hoenn pokenon icon if needed
Have you heard of Modular Programming? It is where a team works as a group, submitting "code" to you such as procs and such. Meaning someone could, for instance, program an entire tournament system for you, and you would just modify the variables to fit your liking.
OrangeWeapons wrote:
Have you heard of Modular Programming? It is where a team works as a group, submitting "code" to you such as procs and such. Meaning someone could, for instance, program an entire tournament system for you, and you would just modify the variables to fit your liking.

You have a valid point, but i don't trust people. I've been fucked over before.
Yut Put wrote:
OrangeWeapons wrote:

It's a rip. They understand slightly modifying code.

Fyi alot of reprogramming has been done. Oh also please don't comment on my blog if you have the intention of trolling or posting bullshit.
Yut Put wrote:
OrangeWeapons wrote:

Honestly all you're doing is trying to cause conflict over here. If you can't handle yourself Yut, just stop posting?
The Dark Prince X wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
OrangeWeapons wrote:

Fyi alot of reprogramming has been done. Oh also please don't comment on my blog if you have the intention of trolling or posting bullshit.

I'm not going to troll, but I will be honest.

You really should invest on completely redoing the source from the ground up in this modular programming format.

This will take a while, but be REALLY worth your effort in the long run. It will simplify everything for you, and overall I hear it tends to make the game itself less laggy.
Latoma wrote:
The Dark Prince X wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
OrangeWeapons wrote:

I'm not going to troll, but I will be honest.

You really should invest on completely redoing the source from the ground up in this modular programming format.

This will take a while, but be REALLY worth your effort in the long run. It will simplify everything for you, and overall I hear it tends to make the game itself less laggy.

Yeah you're right, but i'm afraid that they'll remove Pokemon from byond aswell. I don't want to spend my time on a from-scratch-project for that reason.
Neither mappers nor programmers* require the source. Anyone who doesn't understand why, or can't work without every line of code in front of them isn't really worth having on a large-scale project.

*depending on the task, of course. Any in-depth changes would require almost everything, but general additions to a project can and should be done modularly.
I don't like how the map icons don't match the mob icons. They're different resolutions.
SuperAntx wrote:
I don't like how the map icons don't match the mob icons. They're different resolutions.

Serious? I think they match perfectly.
Most definitely not. The player, NPC, and Pokémon are not scaled, whereas the turfs are scaled up twice.
LordAndrew wrote:
Most definitely not. The player, NPC, and Pokémon are not scaled, whereas the turfs are scaled up twice.

Damn, i just noticed. I'll change that later on, thanks guys.
i like it
So when will it be up?
So, is it the old PBF?
I mean, informer times, there were a game, called PBF, by NuclearBlast.

It was off for a very long time...or it died.

Old PBF or a brand new one?
:)
If your problem is with handing out the source, I'm half surprised you haven't tried to modulate it so that each point works independantly of the rest of the system. It's what most of BYOND's coders do knowing they might need help.

I'm guessing you either have severe trust issues with letting even a single line of code out of your hands (which is extremely minor damage letting out any module except the core module(s) necessary to run the game and that make it entirely unique) or fear ripping, the latter's understandable though.

As for mapping... just what? Nobody seriously rips maps do they...? >_>;