ID:111473

As some of you know, I own and love ferrets. Last night I had three of them. Now, I only have two.

Bruiser.

Bruiser lived to be about a year and two months old. Last night, he got very ill, and in a very short amount of time. He had a problem in his digestive track, and he was unable to go to the bathroom. He laid in the same spot for 6 hours, and I knew something was very very wrong. This morning we called the vet as soon as they opened, and me and my girlfriend took him down. The vet told us the only way for bruiser to get healthy was surgery. Surgery that cost $1,500. As much as we wished we could save him, we just don't have that kind of money. He was put to sleep to end his suffering at about 8:45 am this morning.

Today was very rough for me. I try to find comfort knowing that he is no longer suffering but I just miss him so much. Our ferrets are like our children to me and my girlfriend, and it breaks my heart that I'll never see bruiser again.

About a month or so ago, bruiser got into a storage cubby hole and somehow got underneath the floorboards in our apartment. We thought he would be gone forever and die of starvation down there but after hours of waiting and listening, we located him and I guided him to safety with a flashlight. I knew then that our little guy wasn't going to quit that easy. Last night and this morning I kept thinking he would pull through, he's our little survivor...

Now as I'm typing this tears are in my eyes. I feel like a part of me is lost and I'm having a hard time enjoying anything.

I guess I just had to let it out.

RIP Bruiser, love ya buddy
I've got a little choke in the back of my throat. :'(
Awh. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, bro. I had two ferrets when I was a kid and they're great pets. But losing a pet can destroy you. Happened when I lost Wusser.
I had a hamster when I was in junior high named Fuzzy. He lived for a year and a bit. Tragically, I found him dead in his wheel when I woke up on my birthday. ;-; He is buried in my yard. I'll show y'all his tombstone when the snow melts.
I'm the same way with dogs. One of my favorite dogs was hit by a car a couple years ago. I know how you feel
Don't Ferrets scratch?
Really sorry to hear about that man. Losing a pet is always really hard. D:
You have my condolences sir.
Man, you're making me feel horrible, because my dog is going to be 13 years old soon, and he's going blind and deaf. He probably won't last the year sadly.
I'm sorry Evi. :/