ID:111577

Resource Center:
Looks like the crashing Dream Daemon issue isn't going to get fixed. I'm obviously very displeased with how this has gone.

WinLicense:
In other less angry but still frustrating news... I installed the WinLicense demo and started working on my protected installer. It's been a ton of work and a lot of learning which was mostly expected.

WinLicense isn't entirely solid either. It's crashed a number of times and my "protected" application has intermittent problems starting up. It hangs, crashes, doesn't start, and on occasion, it just works. :|

It should be no surprise that WinLicense folks want my unprotected binary to troubleshoot the problems. Grrreat.

Perhaps I should throw the towel in on software and pick up a new hobby like sewing. I'm tired of fighting through other peoples problems. I could have picked my nose every day for the last few years and been equally productive.
If you do pick up sewing, I could use a sweater. These winters are getting a bit more harsh.
I'm tired of fighting through other peoples problems

You don't have to use WinLicense and I'm still not sure why the resource center is a BYOND game (its essentially a collection of hub entries). These problems appear to be with other people's software, but you chose to use that software. Alter your approach a little and you wouldn't run into these problems.
The resource center could've and probably should've been a website. It would have functioned a dozen times better and looked a similar amount so as well.
I'm sorry for your going through these troubles, but please don't think it's that we don't care. Anytime there is an issue with the BYOND software we attempt to resolve it. It's just not always easy (in fact it usually isn't). Lummox JR has been trying to reproduce your problem since you first reported it. We may have to escalate that with working with you directly, but since your problem seems to be sporadic and involves a lot of data files, it's not trivial.
I don't agree with the comments about the RC being "just a this" because it's not. The goals have been spelled out a number of times.

I also don't agree with it being better implemented on a website. Similar efforts have already taken place via the web and they failed (or at least, they aren't around anymore). I recall my frustration with having to navigate away from BYOND to unknown sites and pay unknown people for articles and examples. Not only that but the documentation and offerings were disorganized and confusing. In fact, much of the RC was designed based on what I learned not to do from those earlier attempts.

I personally beleive the design has been working really well and I receive a lot of positive feedback from the community and very little (if any really) negative feedback outside of blog trolling which has been far and few between.

@Tom: It's been what... over a month now. I've done everything asked of me and I have to wait for weeks between updates and those updates have been, please do more and I do but still, nothing. I fully appreciate the thought of someone putting in effort, but I'm still left with a certain amount of frustration and uncertainty as I sit in the dark week after week. If it didn't take hours to days to crash, I would make myself more useful but this is clearly a "catch it under a debugger" type of issue.

@EmpirezTeam: Sewing != Crochet so you can forget about the sweater. ;)
I don't expect you to see how the resource center could have worked as a website. If you don't make an effort to simplify tasks you should expect to run into unforeseen problems. Instead of talking about how complex the resource center is you should be thinking of ways to simplify the problem. If you break it down into simple parts I think you'll see how easily a website could handle what you need to do.

In the time it took you to write the blog post asking for an investor so you could buy WinLicense you could have figured out a way to generate activation codes for your program. By the time you had an investor you'd have had it implemented. It's not a weakness to look for easy ways to do things, its a weakness not to.