ID:111624

Post your comments here!
Welcome to Byond membership :D
In response to this:

Boxcar wrote:
"Well the problem with the analogy is that you assume a life without god is an empty one. Thats just plain insulting to any non-believers. Not only that, I wouldn't want to worship a god that sends you to hell for a lack of belief in him rather than the actions of your life. Surely the creator of the universe can overlook that. Especially because he's made proof of his existence rather non-existent."

If you read carefully what I said, you'd recognize that that's not what the analogy referenced. The analogy wasn't life on Earth, it was after death - that's what the two buildings were, Heaven and Hell. However, you took a biased opinion that of course I was stating atheists are idiots, and decided to run with it.

Are atheists stupid? In no way. Are theists stupid? Not really.

I'm very much open-minded to the claims of atheism, but when someone bashes the belief with little consideration, then they become incredible. Regardless of whatever you think, I'm a Christian that maintains belief in both the Big Bang and evolution. In fact, it was Jp who got me really to consider if evolution is as farfetch'd as I once believed - considering it, it's not. Does it contradict the Bible either? Not really. There's no point for me to get hung up in the argument, so I won't anymore. However, your and Jeff's conclusions were inescapably ridiculous - you can't analyze a situation with bias and expect proper results.
Fair enough, then I'd like to apologize if my response to you seemed a bit harsh. I was handling a few things and I tend to come off a bit harsh - it's just how I am, I'm actually really friendly.

I understand where you might see religion as unnecessary and respect it. In terms of macro-evolution, I had skepticism primarily in regards to abiogenesis, but that's a whole other topic. In any case, I think it's fair to say that one can have a rational belief in religion too.

Essentially, I consider it this way: Science nor religion gives definitive answers as to the origins of everything. Since religion, at least the Bible, is unfalsifiable (it can always come up with an answer to any proposed contradiction), it's hard to necessarily say that it's 100% wrong, but it also appears as if it is just a well-written document essentially, and I think that's fair to say.

On the other hand, the entire marks of the Big Bang Theory and Evolution is moreso the answer to what happened, not why or how. For example, in a crime investigation, we might know someone was murdered. How and why though is what must be solved to catch the criminal.

Religion gives me an answer, and tied with a lot of other things that I've personally experienced I have come up with the notion that neither side is definitive, but this one just happens to tell me more. Since it's not surfaceably contradictory either, that's where my justification comes into play (and the other various philosophical dilemmas involved between theism and atheism).

In any case, if I had time I'd revise my previous comment, but I don't - so, I'd like to say I apologize if I came off rude, but I do respect, I just wanted you to see it from both perspectives (and even if you aren't, it at least seems like you are trying to).

In regards to the analogy, I suppose I can also see where the frustration may have been through misinterpretation. I struggled with the issue too prior to my theistic point of view, but I'd never say I was living a life I felt - empty. I felt a void, but it's not like I felt like there was nothing - just there was still something missing (and of course this part is personal). The analogy I proposed was for the clarification of Heaven and Hell though, so that can settle any... miscommunication that may have occurred there.
I love you. I love you.

Stay. Stay. Stay.

Don't go. i'LL kiLL you.

Don't leave. Stay.

Best friends. Forever.
I could certainly use such a talented artist such as yourself. Hit me up sometime and we can talk some business.
Hey bro, I added you to msn and can't wait to get with ya and throw some ideas around. Talk to ya soon :D
Hey Boxcar,

Thanks for showing an interest in FantasyMUD, i'm sure you'll be happy to know that we're looking towards a stable alhpa version for the early fall (hopefully late august to early september). As you can imagine, developing something of this scope is quite time consuming when you consider the amount of work that is necessary to craft just one quality area. It may become necessary to reach out to the Byond community for Roleplayers to assist in building game content and fleshing out the skills and abilities of character classes, but I will have more information on this in the near future. I appreciate you taking the time to look at the game and hope you will join us again when the server comes up full time. Until then, feel free to add RedI to your pager and speak with me personally anytime you like. Take care and good luck in your endeavours, your work so far looks great :)

RedI
http://www.fantasymud.webs.com
Boxy... just wanted to say that ive added in a new aDL link for SHO... http://www.byond.com/games/Ss4gogeta0/SilenthillOnline enjoy
I'll add you on pager. If you're willing to help, it'd be much appreciated.
I apologize for being so rushed yesterday. Had a lot to do - we'll have an actual conversation later, when you get back on.
Yo, login to MSN. I WANNA HEAR ABOUT THIS RPG!!!! >:O

:D
What happened to your post humanity game? Can you fill me in on whats going on with it?
Bring back that Post-Apocalypitic game.. OR ELSE
Quit being all on hiatus and junk. I need you for the game :'(
Hey, I'm not sure if you are interested, but I have a game design document I'd like to show you, if you are interested in doing any pixel art of any sort.

I can also show you progress videos so you can actually see what has been accomplished. ;)

If you want to get in touch, my email is [email protected].

Just mention it's Boxcar, or BYOND.
I've been busy lately moving and don't have internet just yet. I have made very little progress on the game but will be able to get back into it in the next couple of days. Can't wait to hear from you!
Windows (http://www.parsecproductions.net/games/Slender_v0_9.zip)
Hey man, Friday I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap and was at a party last night. I'll talk to ya tonight
Welcome to my domain.
Page: 1 2