ID:111690

Keywords: chat, legit
I present to you: Legit Chat!

A chat program that's nowhere near as great as Chatters, probably won't be used much, and has an incredibly racial skin.

That aside, I'm hoping to develop this into something a little different from what most chat clients are about, instead making it a far more private system so that friends can talk easier than needing to use the pager (Or Windows Live, yada yada).

It's literally programmed to use as little CPU as possible, while still giving me the same functionality, and a bit more, that's needed. I'm probably going to make a minimize mode, which will re-skin most of it for the client, into a VERY small (I'm thinking 64x64 window size) alert box that will flash whenever a message is posted in the same channel as you are in, along with a button for re-sizing it. Something you can stick in the corner of your screen and ignore until someone says something.

Of course I'll probably give it some sound effects too, but personally I find things like that annoying and I'll end up turning them off in the options.
Chatters isn't all that great. That's why we stopped using it.
T'was merely a point of reference, and hey I might get more viewers if people come across it while searching for Chatters! Woohoo.
Tiberath wrote:
Chatters isn't all that great. That's why we stopped using it.

Actually, does that mean that the position for 'BYOND's best chat client' is currently open? You never know!
The current "best" chat client depends on your definition. Does that include community, functionality, user-friendliness, etc.?

Personally, I think the debate would be settled between Conversator and The Saloon, and I honestly think Conversator is doing a better job currently.
The only decent chat channel we have from a user perspective is Conversator. All the rest are crap, really. Well, Aud did a good job with The Saloon's telnet mode though (why doesn't Conversator have telnet support, huuuuh?), so that's tolerable as well.
Im highly addicted this is the Sh*t!!! On the way to Number #1 chat :D
http://files.byondhome.com/ElWookie/Dedication.png

Oh my this guy is dedicated to being stupid.
Nope. Might be my CSS playing up, or maybe you just can't put images in comments.
No, you can't put images in comments.