ID:111914

This is mainly for my own personal refrence, but since I've had many people joining, and well, this:

Darker Legends has joined.
Darker Legends: Hm intresting.
Me: Indeed.
Darker Legends: Why is this hosted if we can't do anything?
Me: It's a demo server, I'm still working on the multi-cliented version.
Darker Legends: Oh okay, so what can you actually do?
Me: Full remote control over any of your game's servers, aswell as running stastics.
Darker Legends: So you can't host with this?
Me: This is not a hosting service, it's a managing service.
Darker Legends: I honestly can't see the point in this waste of time then.
Darker Legends has left.

Server Manager 2 (Detailed specification).

Global:
Clients can join and use the global channel to communicate.
Clients can join any unlocked Managers, but will not have power within them.
Admins can send broadcasts.
Admins can open new Managers for clients.

Local (Within Managers):
Clients can view all the servers of their games.
Clients with access will have at least these default commands:
Reboot, Kick, Shout, Who, Shutdown, Toggle Manager Lock, Give Access, Give Power, Ban, Unban, Manual Ban and the option to prevent hosting all together if the server can't reach the manager.
Clients can use the local chat to speak to others in their Manager.
Clients can view the output from the Manager.
Clients with access can view the logs for that Manager.

Logging (This is likely to be updated):
All output will be logged by default, but ontop of that there are a few behind the scenes logs:

For every server:
CPU Usage
Average players
Average bracket calls
Latency

For every manager:
Total players
Total bracket calls
Average Latency

Functional Use (This will be what I'll direct people like Darker Legends too from now on.):

The Server Manager is a powerful set of tools for any game maker. It does not allow people to host games, instead it allows the owner of the games to manage any server under their name. With the option of disallowing any server to go online without constant communication between the Manager and the Server, you can be sure hosts won't try to dupe the Server Manager, although that's unlikely anyway. The security of the Manager is one of my top priorities, and whilst it's definatly slowed up the speed of sending Brackets between worlds, I'm sure that bar- high spec hacking, it's not going to get any issues. Even then I log any incoming address, and DoS or calls from foreign combinations of certain strings that I won't disclose, will automatically shut off that point of entry.
After that, comes statistics. The server manager effectively logs, anything a game maker would ever want. This ranges from the CPU usage, peaks and dips, to the latency between the Manager and the server. These logs are invaluable to dedicated developers, as it really shows when things are happening the most, and gives them hints into what the players want.
The next layer down is access. Upon creation of a new Manager, nobody but the SM Admins and the Manager creator has even the ability to view your manager. After that the owner has the ability to add people to a list of those with access to the server, and optionally to a list of people who will have the same level of power as the manager owner (Although they won't be able to de-throne the owner, and I won't be held responsible for any drama that you cause between yourselves.). The final ability is to unlock the Manager, then anyone on the SM can join and view your business (But obviously they have no power). This is helpful for promoting your games, or simply showing off!
Finally commands. Anyone with power within a manager has access to the default commands listed above, but that wouldn't be very kind of me would it? I will actively work with my Manager owners to help create a custom tailored set of commands specific to your game. There's no default mute included, but if you want it, you got it! The server manager is all about giving power to the game owner and his loyal team. If you don't have the power you need to accomplish what you want, then I'll work to get it for you. Note that more heavily detailed issues will require time, and if a threat to my security, I may require the source to your game. I guarantee that no source that I have ever acquired, and I've also been told not to release, has ever slipped through my net. And upon confirmation of serious interest, I will sign a contract stating that, if released, a full refund will be given, along with the closure of the entire SM.

As I said, not too interesting for the public to read, but still informative. Expect a release near Easter.
We all love you, Rushnut >3