ID:111921

Keywords: curse, dark, rpg
Good day people who give a damn, yes they exist! Time for my second installment of mediocracy.

Dark Curse
Yes we finally have a name for the game (Even though I still personally prefer the name Dark Curse: Chronicles. Bleh) and it only took probably three days straight. My god that was exhausting. At least it's better than IMD's Cool Succesfull Game for Hansome People. On second thought that's an awesome game name.

Actual progress:
Programming: To be honest, me and Madpeter have done quite a bit of work on the engine, and if I had to put a number to it, I would say around 10% of it is done. Of the last week we probably spent about three days worth of it actually programming, so if it takes another 27 days to complete, I'd be more than fine with that. (Unless IMD decides to learn to program again by opening what we've currently done and completely messing everything up.)

Art: -1%. I so mad. IMD's very, very hard to work with. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's the project lead, and he needs to take responsibility for it. Every time we go to him for any art, he always asks us what we want done, when we haven't even been told where the game's set, what the areas are like, anything!
On that note, we're still looking for a secondary pixel artist, compensation may be given.

Sound: This is a hard one. I'd like to say 1%, because we've gotten around 3 actual full tracks down and done, the problem therein lies. The size. If I say we've got 1% done, then that's implying we have another 297 songs to come. So realistically, I'll say more like 10% of the music is done. On the other hand, we still have no audio, since IMD's adamant we need to use original sound effects, and not use free sources online. I can respect that, but finding someone who is good at the sound effects is a bugger.

Gameplay: I honestly don't have too much of an idea how much of the gameplay we have done, if I had to run a checklist:
GUI: Done
RDE: Done
Battle System: Done
And to be honest, what more core features are there in a game that combines WoW with FF? I guess other skills, they aren't done yet. Hey look, writing these things actually does help! :D

We're always looking for more help, so if you're interested, please leave a comment below.
/mediocracy