Naruto, Call Of Shinobi: Anbu Blackops

by Zerok Kaiba
Naruto, Call Of Shinobi: Anbu Blackops
War is a-foot! Heroes, Villains, Akatsuki. Choose your side in this new original Naruto Sidescroller!
ID:1120560

Could I get admin for my server? It's a 24/7 shell, with no lag.

I just wanna get host powers.

IP: byond://198.23.155.55:1992
Hosts get no powers.
Why the fuck not xD They should... I haven't seen 1 admin on my server since I started, and considering I'm hosting in general, I don't see a legit reason why a host should not. I've seen players bug abuse and break rules, but can't do shit.
When yur hosting, go on dream daemon, and boot them from their.
I'm using a shell, can't boot, I need something in-game lol.
In response to Seb199212
This post is interesting to me. As someone who hosts, what type of powers would you feel you needed? I am making a game and your input would greatly help me out as well, since eventually I plan on allowing people to host my game.
Depends on the game and how much power you're willing to give.

As a host I'm usually used to get a lot of verbs, equal to the max level of admin.

But if you wanted to limit it, I would definitely give verbs like mute, ban, boot, reboot. Not sure otherwise, no idea what your game is and what kind of verbs it would get. Just mostly verbs for moderating the server, fixing bugs and changing server settings.
I see thanks.

that helps.
Pfff. A host with max admin level verbs? Thats just stupid.
A host should have level 2 admin verbs, if the highest is 5.
LOL, that's your oppinion, but 90% of people would disagree with you, cause so many servers and games gives hosts high level powers due to the fact that the server belongs to them, and depends on the host to be up and operate.

No host means no server, so a host is important, and is usually treated as such in terms of compensation. They either chip in by burning up their computer by letting it host 24/7 or paying to buy a shell, so I believe yes they should get higher level powers.

If the host abuses, it's called just get a new one lol, like any other admin you would. Hosts=way above any normal admins, they are of course below coders/iconers and such, but compared to admins who get their power simply by being active and helping out, a host is easily above them.

So if there were 5 levels, a level 4 would be suitable, depending on what kind of verbs are being given to level 4's.

If the level 4 verbs are too high risk, then maybe let him have level 3 temp to test him out, and rank him up when enough trust is being given.
If yur computer burns up by 24/7 hosting somethings wrong with it.
A host is just putting the server up for others to play, he didn't help create the game or anything. Hosts aren't hard to find and shouldn't be treated too greatly.
Level 2 is what a host deserve.
Who cares if they agree or not, not like yu made the game.
Dariuc made an epic game, wouldn't wanna see some hosts acting like big shots just because they can run a game on their comp. I don't think he needs one, his hosting is really good himself though.
In response to RedRamii
RedRamii wrote:
If yur computer burns up by 24/7 hosting somethings wrong with it.
A host is just putting the server up for others to play, he didn't help create the game or anything. Hosts aren't hard to find and shouldn't be treated too greatly.
Level 2 is what a host deserve.
Who cares if they agree or not, not like yu made the game.
Dariuc made an epic game, wouldn't wanna see some hosts acting like big shots just because they can run a game on their comp. I don't think he needs one, his hosting is really good himself though.

Hosts aren't hard to find and shouldn't be treated too greatly. <--- Damn straight ;-; I get treated like crap Rami.
A good host is hard to find dude, especially one with a good computer. A computer eventually gets slower and begins getting errors if you leave it open 24/7, I've had computers in the past and have experience my computer degraded slowly from hosting 24/7 for a month or so.

I don't attempt to be a "big shot" and honestly you're getting rude for no reason lol. I'm just saying that hosts, although of course not as important as a coder or the owner, they are however still valuable. If a good host comes in, they can become a valuable piece of the game's staff.

Honestly like I said before, it depends 100% on the game owner, it all depends whether if they are willing to give hosts more verbs in the first place.

It also depends on how active the owner and his staff is. If for example there is many servers, then the host becomes the server owner and in many ways is the only one capable of taking care of it, so in this circumstance, it is valid to give he/she higher level of admin.

If the owner is picky on who he gives admin, then yes possibly level 2 is a good starting point, as level 1 is definitely too low. 2-3 is probably the minimum level, and then would possibly rise from there as they host and prove themselves.

And honestly hosts are harder to find than you think... If you don't have the proper friends or connections, finding a host, much less a good one can be challenging. Unless you're willing to pay for a shell, finding a host for your game is not as easy as you make it out to be.

Also to cooldude, a lot of hosts are total dicks, because they believe hosts are the most important. I'm just used to hosting games that give max level due to the server not having any of the staff on it, and thus the host must in turn become the owner in many aspects, and assemble his own staff team.

The fact is that depending on the game, we are both right.
And the point of this, although I don't mind discussing this topic, is to get admin on my server. The reason being due to there rarely being any admins on my server, people don't get punished or banned for anything they do. I don't really care 100% about getting a high level, I just want basic verbs like mute/boot/ban, and others depending on what kind of verbs this game gets.
Ive seen lost of great hosts. Ive seen people ask to host, and they know they wont be getting any powers.
Not being rude, but I dont think hosts are important enough to be granted a level 3, for a test and then given more power...
And yu can boot/ban from dream daemon? Just do a host boot or ban.
And no, a computer wont get slow or generate errors for no reason other then being left on. Sure if its a bad computer it'll create hardware problems, not internal software problems.