Gezz, man ur really anoying, u get well over-excited about "Nes" looking game, i might be wrong but, what falacy said was 100% true, and ur animations/Graphics ec. aren't so perfect since they still look like Byond based icons, if u want ur nes-thingy go for next lvl u shuld change iconner. <- dont hate, i just wrote what i think about ur boner when u see ur game.
Agatax wrote:
Gezz, man ur really anoying, u get well over-excited about "Nes" looking game, i might be wrong but, what falacy said was 100% true, and ur animations/Graphics ec. aren't so perfect since they still look like Byond based icons, if u want ur nes-thingy go for next lvl u shuld change iconner. <- dont hate, i just wrote what i think about ur boner when u see ur game.

Wow, you really don't know shit about shit! The graphics aren't supposed to look good; they're SNES graphics. Guess why it's called NEStalgia? Ever heard of the word "nostalgia"? I won't insult your intelligence (though I think very poor of it) enough to connect the two dots for you.
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Agatax wrote:

Wow, you really don't know shit about shit! The graphics aren't supposed to look good; they're SNES graphics. Guess why it's called NEStalgia? Ever heard of the word "nostalgia"? I won't insult your intelligence (though I think very poor of it) enough to connect the two dots for you.

Eh.. i knew there is going to be at least 1 hater, hmm even if its nes based game, the graphic's are to lame, i played nes once and i got to say its rubish but, nesttalgia aint got anything you can compare with other, owner of it curse byond legend's and then byond loses hes users, how?, simple he cursed on falacy, over 25% joined byond because of dbz:hu and now when he left it etc. incredible number of ppl left with him, so do u get my point now?
Actually, BYOND has more users now than it has ever had. I don't know where you get your information, but it's simply not correct.
Agatax wrote:
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Agatax wrote:

Eh.. i knew there is going to be at least 1 hater, hmm even if its nes based game, the graphic's are to lame, i played nes once and i got to say its rubish but, nesttalgia aint got anything you can compare with other, owner of it curse byond legend's and then byond loses hes users, how?, simple he cursed on falacy, over 25% joined byond because of dbz:hu and now when he left it etc. incredible number of ppl left with him, so do u get my point now?

Actually, no, I don't really get your point. Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion about the game and its graphics, but calling people annoying for trying to encourage BYOND to produce quality (and profitable!) games sounds pretty irrational.

The "incredible number of ppl" that departed with Falacy are probably exactly the kind of people that BYOND doesn't need. They aren't here to constructively contribute to original games, or make their own original games. Right now, BYOND's advertising attention is going almost entirely to original games. Here's some good symbolism : if you have a value x and you subtract 0 from it, you are still left with x.

I can go on about how these "byond legend's" (assuming you're talking about your average DBZ/Naruto/Bleach games) are a lot more insignificant than you think.
The fact is the game brought in thousands of dollars for them. They couldn't care less about the handful of middle school children who think retro art is "lame". You're wasting your time here, Agatax.
It's funny how engaging and appealing original games that primarly appeal to grown-ups end up being more profitable than "gray area" fan games that appeal to children.
Don't want to get involved, but I think it's good to drop the subject now.
Also, I don't keep up on BYOND "politics" but Falacy left and it's Silk Wizard's fault? If true, that might be a more significant blessing for the future of BYOND than any amount of commercially viable game production could be.

That guy had some straaaaaaaaaaaaange ideas about where BYOND needs to go and how to get there.
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Agatax wrote:
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Agatax wrote:

Actually, no, I don't really get your point. Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion about the game and its graphics, but calling people annoying for trying to encourage BYOND to produce quality (and profitable!) games sounds pretty irrational.

The "incredible number of ppl" that departed with Falacy are probably exactly the kind of people that BYOND doesn't need. They aren't here to constructively contribute to original games, or make their own original games. Right now, BYOND's advertising attention is going almost entirely to original games. Here's some good symbolism : if you have a value x and you subtract 0 from it, you are still left with x.

I can go on about how these "byond legend's" (assuming you're talking about your average DBZ/Naruto/Bleach games) are a lot more insignificant than you think.

Sorry u missunderstanded my point, my point was owner of nestalgia curse every game around and make ppl leave byond, in other way he think hes game is the best on byond just because of the idea, now here is my point really dunn hate me just trying to stop that shit spreading on byond,
AlexandraErin wrote:
Also, I don't keep up on BYOND "politics" but Falacy left and it's Silk Wizard's fault? If true, that might be a more significant blessing for the future of BYOND than any amount of commercially viable game production could be.

That guy had some straaaaaaaaaaaaange ideas about where BYOND needs to go and how to get there.

True falacy was crazy a bit, but he changed when byond owners started to overjoy with donation from games like this one and started to remove others hub's, i dont hate, just trying to make this shizz stop
Agatax wrote:
True falacy was crazy a bit, but he changed when byond owners started to overjoy with donation from games like this one and started to remove others hub's, i dont hate, just trying to make this shizz stop

Falacy had just as many opportunities as Silk to make his own profitable original game, but instead he sold illegal subscriptions in his illegal fan games. So what "shizz" are you trying to stop here? All that NEStalgia has brought to the table has been legally gained profits for both Silkgames and BYOND, as well as a few new halfways decent community members.

> Sorry u missunderstanded my point, my point was owner of nestalgia curse every game around and make ppl leave byond, in other way he think hes game is the best on byond just because of the idea, now here is my point really dunn hate me just trying to stop that shit spreading on byond,

You make no sense at all. You're trying to reiterate a point somewhere in there but you failed miserably. Last time I checked all games in existence are based on an "idea" (I really have no idea what the hell you're trying to say there), and Silk praises more games than he's ever "cursed." Aside from some vague references to the general anime community he rarely disparages specific games.

But if his actions have indeed led to some of your peers leaving BYOND, then I think there will be some much needed high-fiving in order.
Saying you don't "hate" when you're spewing what is clearly a negative opinion based on ignorance is just ridiculous. You're here spreading hate. Not effectively because no one can understand a thing you're saying, but that's what you're doing.

You might as well be punching someone in the arm and going, "I don't punch!"

Anyway, I don't know if Silk Wizard thinks his game is the best on BYOND or not. I'm pretty sure he knows it's the most financially successful. Are you really trying to argue that point just because you don't "get" the graphics?
Congratulations, on the game and this very inspirational article!
go silk go! i enjoy nestalgia, im glad its getting amazing responses! keep up the great work!
I was touched with your blog
Now I really want to make an original game
Never played nestalgia but ill admit i was discouraged and doubtful about making money while developing with byond...but youve made me see its more possible than i thought.... thank you
Page: 1 2 3