ID:112189

It's had me playing for the past 5 hours or so, and it's been awesome. A solid sequel; all the puzzles feel new. As expected, GLaDOS is a bit miffed, and keeps insulting me :(

And the game is LONG, at least it feels that way (5 hours in, at least one more section, if not more). And I'm just on the single player campaign, I'll still have to beat Co-op.

Anyway, I found the dry dock where the Borealis was built, so hopefully that's a hint by Valve that HL2:Ep3 will be the next game to hit the shelves.

I'm looking forward to the ending :)
I am going to pick up my copy of Portal 2 today. =] I can't wait to play it.
Completed it about an hour ago.. Glados was such a troll
Just beat it. All hail King Turret!
Based on what Portal 1 was, I can't see Portal 2 being worth a fully priced game. A few hours of physics puzzles, no real story or character development, and bland/repetitive graphics? Though the graphics do at least look more interesting in Portal 2... Anyway! I could probably find a similar game for free...
Plus, its a Valve game, which means its probably half finished, and will never live up to any of the claims they originally made about it.
Do you who have played it, think it was worth the $60 dollar price tag?
Falacy wrote:
Based on what Portal 1 was, I can't see Portal 2 being worth a fully priced game. A few hours of physics puzzles, no real story or character development, and bland/repetitive graphics? Though the graphics do at least look more interesting in Portal 2... Anyway! I could probably find a similar game for free...

No real story or Character development?
There's definitely story and character development in Portal 2.

Herpdederp he doesn't know what he's talking about.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Herpderp same old, same old.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
There's definitely story and character development in Portal 2.

Quite possible, in Portal 2, considering I haven't played it. I was referring to Portal 1. Though, if either of those are the case, I haven't heard anything about them. Is there some awesome leveling system in Portal 2 that I've heard nothing about? Or a more involving story than listening to GLADOS guide you through puzzles?

Popisfizzy wrote:
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Herpderp same old, same old.

Talking about yourselves?
Not every game has to be an RPG with the most epic storyline ever.
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Not every game has to be an RPG with the most epic storyline ever.

No, but a game where you repeatedly shoot holes in walls shouldn't cost the same price as an RPG with the most epic storyline ever. Didn't the original Portal release for $20?
You're right when you say Portal 2 may (imo it IS) be overpriced, but I think the thing that makes Portal 2 as fun as it is is the simpleness of the gameplay.
Darkspore comes out in about a week, offers several pre-order bonuses, costs the same amount as Portal 2, and from what I can tell, offers a much more expansive experience. Just saying, there seem to be a lot more worthwhile places to invest my money than yet another half finished re-skin of a Valve game.
blame gabe
Falacy wrote:
Talking about yourselves?

I am rubber, you are glue. Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am looking forward to playing DarkSpore. I loved the original and think this new game could be pretty cool. As for portal. The original game was priced so little, because it was just a filler game to add to the orange box release. The creators didn't know that they game would be such a huge success. This new game is supposed to fill in all of those gaps of the story line that you didn't get in the original game. It is also supposed to add more to the game such as a co-op mode and other interesting features. This new game is meant to be a full game where as the original was just meant as something to fill the time. So is it worth $60... Personally, I don't think any game is worth $60... Most games are ridiculously over priced. Do I think it is worth buy in general to play? Yes. I loved the original and so I hope this game meets my expectations and is as good or better than the previous one. =]
The fact you've been playing it for 5 hours is enough to interest me. I finished Portal in under 3, so if Portal 2 can keep me going for much longer, I'm so there.

Oh and Fiz, Darke, you two have really got to stop succumbing to Falacy's obvious trolling. It just encourages him to continue...
According to Steam, I played for a total of 6 hours, which was just the single player campaign. I would say by test chambers alone, the Portal 2 single player campaign is two to three times longer than the original. But the real value is in the story and the humor.

Also, the ending does not disappoint (well, maybe in one regard..)
There was a ton of character development in the first Portal, however, if you have a head full of rocks you wouldn't have caught on to any of it. Character development doesn't have to be from a learning experience for the character, it also involves the player learning about the character over time, which in the first game there was a ton of.

The problem is, once again, that some people have a head full of rocks and no squishy useful things like brains, so they don't catch on that just because the character itself isn't saying "Hey, look at me, I'm developing!" doesn't mean that they aren't, and that you are just too dense to realize it.

That said, Portal 2 was an amazing game. Sure, you didn't get to grind levels for 30 hours to get an epic sword, but it's not a god damn RPG, it's an action puzzle game. There is a hell of a lot more to it than shooting holes in walls, you have to put boxes on switches too. ;)

The combination of Wheatley's really dumb decisions, and the atmosphere of going through all of the old buried testing areas with the original CEO of aperture science guiding you made the game extremely enjoyable especially for anyone that loved the original game. Especially with J.K. Simmons doing the voice for him.

I beat the game already and started playing the Co-op with Unknown Person, and it's extremely amusing trying to collaborate and solve the puzzles. Plus, I didn't pay $60, I only paid $45.

Also, bonus points to anyone who managed to spot the guy from the comic in the actual game. I saw him on a distant ledge and he took off inside a door in a creepy G-Man styled manner. Only with less business suit, and more running.
Moussiffer wrote:
I am looking forward to playing DarkSpore. I loved the original and think this new game could be pretty cool.

Bit of a tangent here...
DarkSpore is a bit of a disappointment.
The game is terribly unbalanced.

The PvP is terrible at matchmaking: It is not uncommon to be placed in a match against someone who has much higher level heroes. At which point, one side gets steamrolled.

The PvE is mindnumbingly easy. There are the occasional times when it provides a good challenge (this happened once out of all of the Darkspore betas I have played, which means this is very very infrequent), and when it happens the experience becomes fantastic. It's pretty common to redo a number of levels because of how the PvE matchmaking works.
Falacy wrote:
[...]

Da li govoriš Srpski?
Page: 1 2