ID:112326

Keywords: 113, chat, co, teka
Teka Co Chat update 1.1.3 is a very important update, it features many new systems and a lot of feedback has been given to me already along with the implementation of a lot of suggested ideas.

The problem: I lost it. My computer's been herping and derping till it blows my house down, and as such I'm needing to re-write it all. From scratch.
Expect a release sometime within the next fortnight. After that, start sending me threatening emails please. Just don't mention Narwhals.

Copied from my Blog post: Teka Co Chat 1.1.3 FAQ

Since I came back to BYOND after have a CPU meltdown, it's going to be a little while before I complete TCC 1.1.3, so I thought I'd answer a few of the questions I've been getting spammed with:

Q: Will there be more [colours/sounds/fonts].
A: Yes. There will be a wide array of all of these, along with semi-restricted access to html tags, however it will be client sided. If a user decides to turn off bold, then they will no longer see bold.

Q: You've spoken a lot about new options, how are they going to work?
A: The new options menu will look much like the current one, however it will not simply be a big list of toggles. They will open up further menus containing a number of checkboxes relating to the option menu. Then you simply select what sounds you want to play, or what colours you wish to be able to view.

Q: Is there going to be a spam filter?
A: No. Maybe 1.1.4, but only if it becomes a real problem.

Q: Are the channels still going to be mainly redundant?
A: Defiantly not. Administrators will be able to set channel names and descriptions, as well as creating new ones at runtime. They will also be strictly enforced, all the anime discussion will stay in the anime channel and etc.

Q: Is there going to be member benefits, or subscriber benefits?
A: Perhaps. In the ideal to help Teka123 with his money issues, in 1.1.4 I may set up a small subscription based package, which will likely give benefits such as the ability to create your own channels and such like. 1.1.3 gives BYOND members the BYOND atom next to their name (Which is, instead of preventable by the clients, preventable by the user only.)

Q: There's been a few issues regarding the implementation of your Server Manager into TCC, what's that about?
A: Well the problems are mainly trivial things which really shouldn't ever be an issue, and are only apparent when the Server Manager is offline. The SM actually handles all of the Login/Logout and many of the system features. This reduces the stress on the actual TCC by tenfold, and increases the usability (And eventually, buyers interest!) of the Server Manager. 1.1.3 will see TCC still use these same systems, but it will have a failsafe in case it can't reach it, but only under certain circumstances. It will still be impossible to host a server if I have it locked on the SM.

Q: Will we finally get Inactivity put up as a high score?
A: Of course, with medals!

Thank you all for being understanding with the large delay that 1.1.3 is taking me to create, the computer meltdown also effected a lot of my personal work which I'm putting second behind finishing 1.1.3.
Hi Teka. How are you?
You bleach is very cool