Adventures

by Falacy
Adventures
An open world Action Adventure RPG, with a focus on team-based real-time combat events.
ID:112401

Celestial Chaos: Adventures is a free-to-play open world Action Adventure RPG that revolves around small concentrated events; featuring various modes that make use of solo, co-op, and team-based gameplay for both PvP and PvE events.

The world itself serves as a physical lobby, there are things to do, places to explore, and advancements to be made. The open world's main purpose, however, is to serve as a meeting ground; where players can gather, and teams can be formed. Once you've had enough open world exploration, jump into any one of the many events available from easily accessible points all across the world, and get ready to experience bursts of fast paced, highly focused adventures full of action!

All of your efforts are rewarded with an overall, quickly increasing level, which will yield new perks, stats, and other character based development. Customize your character, loot items, earn medals, unlock AI companions, join player run clans, and much much more in the best game on BYOND!

Not good enough for you? Work with this game's open source to create your own content.

If you enjoy the game, and wish to support the development of this project, then take a look at our subscription systems. Not only do your donations fund the servers and updates for all Stray Games, but they net you some unique bonuses, and overall advantages in our entire collection.
The picture doesn't look right, the red is too simple.
Indeed
Vai la fodão
Fannt.
Ah, a New Hub? =D
Vegeta1247 wrote:
Don't get mad but I like hu2 better, [...] but for some reason I want to play this game.

lol What?
Falacy wrote:
Vegeta1247 wrote:
Don't get mad but I like hu2 better, [...] but for some reason I want to play this game.

lol What?

It's more like "lolwut?"
Falacy wrote:
Vegeta1247 wrote:

lol What?

It's more like "lolwut?"

The tooltips are positioned assuming the game window is maximized. When it isn't, the tooltips can appear in annoying positions (blocking interface/HUD elements).

The statpanel displays a lot of stuff, a smaller font or font size might help to get more displayed in a smaller area. You might also consider interface windows or HTML popups for showing large amounts of information.

I died but could still move around. I'm not sure what happened so I couldn't tell if that was intentional.

A fireball (or whatever it is that shoots out when you press D) stopped moving and stayed in place for a few seconds, then disappeared.

It seems oddly open-ended. There isn't much guidance given to players and you have a large set of abilities at your disposal to start the game - several attacks, flying, teleporting, etc. Maybe the tutorial explains things, but I'd rather learn about things as they come up instead of going through a lengthy tutorial (especially when I'm not sure how relevant each bit of information will be).
Im saying I like both games, but hu2 is better in my opinion
Forum_account wrote:
The tooltips are positioned assuming the game window is maximized. When it isn't, the tooltips can appear in annoying positions (blocking interface/HUD elements).
They'll be HUDs in the next version, so their positions should stay consistent

The statpanel displays a lot of stuff, a smaller font or font size might help to get more displayed in a smaller area. You might also consider interface windows or HTML popups for showing large amounts of information.
Their information should be mostly irrelevant to begin with. The goal is to get rid of stat panels completely (and all other interface elements besides a map control for that matter), I suppose, and have them all implemented into HUDs.

I died but could still move around. I'm not sure what happened so I couldn't tell if that was intentional.
There should have been a message on your screen with a respawn timer, and then telling you to press E to respawn. I should probably put a background behind it.

A fireball (or whatever it is that shoots out when you press D) stopped moving and stayed in place for a few seconds, then disappeared.
Yea, this happens when their target gets killed, because they use walk_to(). Not sure what the most efficient way to handle that situation is, but it is on my to-do list.

It seems oddly open-ended. There isn't much guidance given to players and you have a large set of abilities at your disposal to start the game - several attacks, flying, teleporting, etc. Maybe the tutorial explains things, but I'd rather learn about things as they come up instead of going through a lengthy tutorial (especially when I'm not sure how relevant each bit of information will be).
All of them should be relevant =P
The automated tutorials should teach you the game basics, and get you into actually playing, then there are several more tutorials that pop up responsively to whats going on.
I would, however, like to set up a more formal introduction when you first join the game, but I'm not sure what the best scenario for such a tutorial environment would be.

Thanks for the feedback

i have a suggestion theres no afros in this game...
also the first buildable item should be kamina like glasses and cat tails/ears(colorable)
Laserdog wrote:
i have a suggestion theres no afros in this game...
also the first buildable item should be kamina like glasses and cat tails/ears(colorable)

1. There's no afros is not a suggestion.
2. No.
The game is dying, more players are leaving each day. You better do something before it's too late =P
There was a message on the screen about the spawn timer but I could still move freely. it didn't seem right. I'm not sure if my icon changed when I died, but there should be more of an indication - play a death animation then show the respawn timer. A screen object to that tints the whole screen might help too.

I guess what seemed strange was that I can fly, teleport, and shoot fireballs but have to mash keys frantically to beat a single bandit. with those kinds of powers I should be killing bandits by the dozen.

the tutorial would be better if it made use of practical situations. don't just say "do this to teleport", say "teleport to the next island to continue the tutorial", and give the player a dummy to fight against instead of just pressing the attack key in a non-combat situation.
Forum_account wrote:
There was a message on the screen about the spawn timer but I could still move freely. it didn't seem right. I'm not sure if my icon changed when I died, but there should be more of an indication - play a death animation then show the respawn timer. A screen object to that tints the whole screen might help too.

When you die during a mission you turn into a zombie. You can basically do everything except punch and blast.

I guess what seemed strange was that I can fly, teleport, and shoot fireballs but have to mash keys frantically to beat a single bandit. with those kinds of powers I should be killing bandits by the dozen.

If you get the timing right you can kill those guys in less than 3 seconds. When the distance between you and the enemy is less than 1 tile, start pressing/smashing the F key. You'll be surprised at how fast they die.

the tutorial would be better if it made use of practical situations. don't just say "do this to teleport", say "teleport to the next island to continue the tutorial", and give the player a dummy to fight against instead of just pressing the attack key in a non-combat situation.

The tutorials are designed to teach you the basics. Once you've learned the controls its your job to figure out how/where to apply your skills.
Fastflyer wrote:
If you get the timing right you can kill those guys in less than 3 seconds.

If I, the person playing the game, had a sword in real life I could kill a bandit in three seconds. If I was some super-powerful creature with wings that could teleport and shoot fireballs, I should be able to level a small village in three seconds. Killing a single bandit at a time just doesn't feel rewarding.

The tutorials are designed to teach you the basics. Once you've learned the controls its your job to figure out how/where to apply your skills.

Right, but if there's no purpose behind the actions (ex: "press F to attack the dummy" instead of just "press F to attack") the tutorial might as well be a huge text file you can read. There's also, as far as I know, no way to repeat the tutorial. If the tutorial made use of in-game scenarios you could do them over and over again and could repeat the parts that you're still unsure of (ex: if you don't understand combat, do the combat tutorial again).

It seems to be the kind of game that people play because their character has super powers and the players already know how they all work, but this makes the game not-so-friendly to newcomers who are expecting a different type of game.
Forum_account wrote:
If I was some super-powerful creature with wings that could teleport and shoot fireballs, I should be able to level a small village in three seconds.
You aren't some over-powered god-mode creature, magic is commonplace. The Bandits can (and do) use all of the same abilities that you have against you.

Killing a single bandit at a time just doesn't feel rewarding.
The combat system is designed to play somewhat like a fighter. Taking on a single Bandit, or a single Player - it should be a test of skill, effective real-time tactics, and reaction times.

There's also, as far as I know, no way to repeat the tutorial.
You can re-read them (as alert()s), or reset them (to complete them again) from the Options file menu.

If the tutorial made use of in-game scenarios you could do them over and over again and could repeat the parts that you're still unsure of
Making the tutorials into specific missions is actually a good idea. Though, it would require quite a bit of work.
I agree with most of the points that you've been making about tutorials.

It seems to be the kind of game that people play because their character has super powers and the players already know how they all work, but this makes the game not-so-friendly to newcomers who are expecting a different type of game.
Not sure what you're getting at with this? If you're suggesting that the gameplay is simply ported over from HU1, then that's hardly the case.
Forum_account wrote:
If I, the person playing the game, had a sword in real life I could kill a bandit in three seconds.

Not necessarily, bandits don't walk around unarmed.
Page: 1 2 3