ID:112548

I've been doing a bit of "soul" searching over the last few weeks. Lots of overtime tends to push you over the top and then you start to question everything you have going on.

I'm reading an efficiency book called "Eat That Frog!.

It's very simplistic in it's approach so far and especially for me who is already a task oriented freak. There are a few things to glean from it though.

One of the most important things I've extracted so far was a little will power boost tonight. I've come up with my own revised phrase for this.

"Kill activities which aren't contributing to your success, dreams, aspirations, and TODOs."

TF2. I love it but. I uninstalled it tonight when I got home... for the umpteenth or so time... I've been playing for hours nightly and it isn't so much entertaining as it is a distraction. This leads into the next important bit of verbiage which comes from the book.

"Denis Waitley, a motivational speaker, says, “Losers try to escape from their fears and drudgery with activities that are tension-relieving. Winners are motivated by
their desires toward activities that are goal-achieving.”".

I think this is the critical part of that statement.

"Losers try to escape from their fears and drudgery with activities that are tension-relieving."

TF2 is one of my many vices. I don't do drugs but I do other activities which perform similarly to escapism drugs. It's all about withdrawing from societies little pressures.

Anyway, that was one step in the right direction for me. I'm going to read some more and then work on introducing more time and focus on things that truly matter.

I do need to find the right balance but most importantly, I need to constantly be reminded of
what's important and what's slowing me down.

I keep forgetting or falling into the same patterns. I need visual aids so I'm going to work on that.

The book really gets into lopping stuff which doesn't matter and then focusing on the big stuff that does.

I'll try to compile some "things" learned from this read and share my thoughts and any changes I make to achieve some goals.

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
By: Brian Tracy
Publisher: Berrett-Koehler
Pub. Date: January 01, 2007
Print ISBN-10: 1-57675-422-7
Print ISBN-13: 978-1-57675-422-1
So, how do you reconcile what you just said with the statement "Designing and playing games... what else is there?".
Great question. :)

A lot has changed since Mar 25, 2003.

I would say that my desire to succeed has outgrown my desire to escape.

My original blurb was perfect for the first six years I spent on BYOND. In the last two years, my desires to design games has been giving way to a greater desire to generate revenue.

My passion to design software is still as strong as ever but my focus on delivering software that sells is a primary driving force right now.

Age is certainly a factor in my changing interests as well. I used to think my love of games would never change, I mean, how could it? I'd like to blame industry for my disinterest but its a tough argument given all the games and the increase in adults playing games. Which actually brings me to where I am today. Watching everyone buy and play total crap has me thinking that I can match and maybe even make better crap than that. So, why don't I?

In short, the answer to my own question is, "Everything.". ;) I guess I have to update my motto. Thanks for calling me on it.

ts
umm "Eat that Frog" it seems like the title say it all the Frog standing for whats slowing you down and they only way to get back on track it to eat your frog,

I have many frogs to be eaten my love of weed bitchs and and most of they internet

whats your frog Ts
The "frog" is supposed to represent a goal. The recommendation is to tackle the goals which provide your life with the most bang for the buck. Get organized, task it out, and just do it.

So, to answer your nearly incoherent question, some of my frogs are; the Project Manger, WinClickPro, my bathroom, learning java, writing an android application, going some place in my career, and so on.