The Saloon

by Mikau
The Saloon
A feature enriched chat environment with a secondary focus on mini-games.
I am having a hard time trying to connect to the server. Every time I try to connect, it loads up to anywhere between 2%-8%, stops, and then it closes itself. When trying to connect through BYONDs telnet client, or even my own, it automatically kicks me out saying that I have logged in with another key when I clearly haven't. It never lets me in, period.

At first, I thought it was an issue with the new beta updates, but when I uninstalled and reinstalled the older version, it says the same thing. Trying it on another computer, it still doesn't work for me what so ever, even on other keys. Perhaps its my IP, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been banned.

Can anyone help me on this issue?
NegativeXero wrote:
Can anyone help me on this issue?

You aren't banned to my knowledge, and even if you were it would have to completely download the resources before it told you that you were. I have seen someone else have this same problem and I don't have any idea how to resolve it since it's a pretty rare occurrence and everyone else can connect perfectly fine.
Thank you very much for the timely response. That being the case, what would you suggest I should do? Did this other person work around it, or were they completely unsuccessful in the attempts they made?
NegativeXero wrote:
Thank you very much for the timely response. That being the case, what would you suggest I should do? Did this other person work around it, or were they completely unsuccessful in the attempts they made?

I've yet to see them in the saloon, and even attempted hosting a seperate server to see if it was my dedicated server that was the problem. They still couldn't get in, so I think it has to do with something on their end firewall related.
NegativeXero wrote:

When Toadfish had this issue, I told him to try first with telnet, then log in with his key, then try again with telnet, and all was well.
im having the same issue as NegativeXero.

Ive tried DivineTraveller's way of using telnet but it didnt work...ive been trying all day with zero luck :( i try to connect and it stops downloading resources then just closes.

if it doesnt just randomly close while downloading then it just says connection failed...

i also tried to disable any firewalls i have and it still wont connect...
O-o is that an ad? in a comment? >.>
Okay, its day three. I guess fate is just telling me im not going to get to enter the Saloon.

But im too stuborn to give up. Ill find a way to get in.
I'm banned :(
:( at least you connected at one point.

But im optimistic!
It downloaded Resources all the way to 17% today! Thats a personal best! :D
okay.. Im going to contact my ISP and see if thats the problem here...if that isnt it then im offically out of ideas and have tried everything i can think of..

D: I Just wanted a place to be nerdy at because i dont know any other DM programmers and my friends dont care that i just tought myself how to code Topics in DM lol
Try a different key? Different computer? Uhm, try clearing your cache.
useful
Why am I banned from this?
Add an ignore feature please.
Dpheonix7 wrote:
Add an ignore feature please.

Press f2 please.
Best chat on BYOND.
So...still don't get why I am permanently banned.
I was banned for an unknown reason previously before, so don't take it to heart Orange.
Well, to me it is pretty idiotic and rude for them to tell me to go away in the ban message. Obviously I can't join the game because I am banned. What does going away have to do with ANYTHING?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5