ID:112911

So, I said a few days ago that I'd whip up a small test for the jRPG I am working on, so I did.

http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/jRPG.zip

This is a TEST only. It is likely to have bugs, there is no documentation, not much content, and what little there is just exists for the purpose of showing what the final product may be like.

Controls are WASD to move, E opens menu, everything else is done with mouse clicks.
The game also has a debug window, it only has 2 commands. The first is to change your name, the second is to level you character up (the game has no levels, stats randomly increase after fights, this verb simulates as many fights as you enter).
Also, ignore all of the garbage the debug window puts out, it's just something I use for testing (but if it spits out error messages, posting them would be helpful as well as how it occurred).

You will start with a few weapons and pieces of armor. One low level version, one higher level version. You'll also be given a few healing items.
There is also 6 characters you can use (you can use up to 2 of them + yourself), most have 1-2 skills. Click them to make them join you (the knight and cleric have dialog, if they are in your party you can click them again to kick them out of the party).
There is only 4 types of enemies, 3 normal and one boss, but without using the level up verb and using high level equipment beating the boss probably wont be possible.

You will probably need a graphics card capable of 32 bit color support, and hardware acceleration enabled in BYOND. If you don't have these, you may experience issues and errors with the game.

I am also aware that a lot of the text is not properly centered yet, it is just annoying to go through all of the text with a magnifying glass and make sure it's positioning is pixel perfect.

Oh yeah, this is a SINGLE PLAYER game only. Don't even bother with trying to host it or expect anyone to host it or anything like that (there is currently no checks to stop people from joining if hosted, but if they do, it will cause errors).
Wont let me download?
This site has the CSS of 4chan o_o

Anyways, if you need sounds for your games, I got to Flashkit.com soundFX is for SFX (naturally) and Sound Loops is for music.
I downloaded it but I cant get it running o.o Dont know how to.