Keywords: copy, dreammaker, pasting
Resolved
BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 9.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Cannot paste inside Dream Maker. I have tried with both ctrl+v and right clicking and choosing paste. I have reinstalled byond and uninstalled, then reinstalled byond.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Cannot paste inside Dream Maker. I have tried with both ctrl+v and right clicking and choosing paste. I can paste in any other programs and I can copy and cut just fine from Dream Maker. Also I can copy and paste in .dmi files.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? it occurs everytime.
In other games? it only occurs in dream maker application
In other user accounts?
On other computers?
What exactly are you copying from? I've rarely had issues with pasting, if I'm pasting pure pixels.

Also, where are you pasting to? thru main icon state view, the frames view, or the single pixmap editor?
I am pasting code from anywhere, including inside the same .dm file Im pasting to. I can paste into .dmi files just fine and on to .dmm files, as well as being able to paste into any other appilcations.
Oh, code. Hm. I've never had any issue with pasting into the code editor.
Is this a new issue, or did it occur in the past?
So I think the problem started when I updated directly from version 495 to 498, but I might be wrong.
(edit: I do believe this is a new issue. I haven't had it before and I didnt see any issues on the forum already.)
Im sure this is going to take a long time for anyone to reproduce considering how rarely I update byond.
I just need a way to get rid of the problem, so I can continue my work.

Dream Maker is the only application effected. If reinstalling doesn't work is there something I need to delete else where to get rid of the problem?

Is there somewhere I can find all the old byond version so I can try and see if it occurs before version 495?
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
http://www.byond.com/download/build/

this bug doesnt occur in version 494/495 on the pager or in dream seeker, but still occurs in dream maker.
I have switched to version 496, I can paste anywhere throughout the variety of byond programs. I'm not sure why. I looked thru the version notes and grabbed things I thought might explain the problem.

Clipped from most resent version of build 496 Notes:
Dream Maker
•The Windows menu now has a Close All option to close all open windows.

•The File menu now has a shortcut for the Save All option (CTRL+SHIFT+S).

•Dream Maker now has tabs for open windows (although you can't dock them into split windows as of this time). All tabs that were open on last run will be reopened on startup. A right-click context menu can be used to close the specified tab or other tabs. Shortcuts:

CTRL+w = close
CTRL+tab = next window
CTRL+SHIFT+tab = prev window

•Dream Maker now has a "Show Line Numbers" option under the code preferences menu.
Tom changed status to 'Unverified'
Is this issue currently being worked on?
Bump.
Pretty sure this is probably something unique to your system, such as a program that manages your clipboard, or some weird microsoft disability / handicapped weirdness. Consider the IDE uses windows built-in copy and paste API, that's my bet.
the most recent version fixed this problem. It is now working fully. Thank you all for your help and ideas.
Lummox JR resolved issue