ID:113215

Alright guys, to be honest, I haven't done much since last time. Some of the code was frustrating, so I let my feelings simmer down for the past 2-3 days before resuming it. This hasn't been the best week for me either, so hopefully things will brighten up soon.

Now, down to business. If I am to finish this in time for submission, I will need someone to get me the overworld icons. Grass, trees, buildings(with opening/closing doors), etc. Pokemon fans should know what I am talking about.

With that in mind, I am really crossing my fingers, hoping that a BYOND update will be out soon that allows pixel-placement in the map editor. There is a very low chance that it will happen before the due date, but I shouldn't have a problem updating the map with better placement either.

Finally, I have a small update. I began trying to implement Forum_account's Pixel Movement library into the game. So far, the implementation works until I try to move with the arrow keys. After using a click-to-move method, I like the way it looks; I just cannot make it move. :/

Anyways, that is all for now. Please comment if you can help with my icon situation.
I thought the map already had pixel controls on it?
http://www.byond.com/docs/notes/455.html
"A new set of "Nudge" commands has been added to the right-click menu for any object on the map. If you have an active object currently selected on the map, you can use the Shift+arrow keys to adjust pixel_x/y, and + or - to adjust pixel_z."

Also this is a site that has much of the Pokemon game sprites in it.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html
I have some of those saves, which I could upload/send them in an archive for you. You wouldn't need to save all them manually that way. :)
I was referring to a feature request that was recently submitted. It allows the items to be placed by pixel, instead of in 32x32 blocks. The nudge command can be useful, but doesn't allow much control. Being able to place it by pixel allows for the actual item to still be created in the bottom left corner, which means you can control it's location and other things a lot easier.

That is my assumption anyways. I may be wrong; Nudge may change the position of the item. Anyways.
Also, I have a complete 1st Generation sprite sheet saved onto my computer. I cannot find any place that has the modern turf icons though. If I am using the newer Pokemon sprites, I don't want to use Pokemon Red landscapes.
That is the site I use. However, I am not a professional separator. In one of the game sheets, there are landscape icons, but if they were separated, it would be a lot easier.
I can separate the big stuff, but I don't have the time to separate all of that. Plus, it didn't have the door states I need. This is going to be a rather large job for whoever does it. I will not be recreating the game exactly, however, so 1 of each type of object/turf/mob is acceptable.
I know you're not using Red & Blue version icons; but which one will you be using? I can attempt to collect a few turfs for you.
I was going to use the Black/White icons, but it appears I may have to switch to HG/SS/D/P sprites, because Black/White Pokemon BACKS are full-body, not the classic zoomed-in-half-body.
After some searching, I've found that the HG/SS and D/P/Pl scenery are all made to be 3D for the most part. Thus it's very, very difficult to find images and resources for them, as they don't classify as 2D sprites.

Disappointing that they're not in the Textures resource though.
Hmm...I guess Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire would have to do then...?
Aye. The images for that are very plentiful
i told you last time you should just make the pokemon anthro and just use a base
Please fill me in; what is "anthro"?
furrys that sort of thing
How is the progress, SqueakyReaper?
Oh, I'm supposed to be doing that? Ooops, slipped past my radar, eheh.

I'll try to throw something together when I get home. Must they be 32x32, or can they be whatever they usually are?
Preferably 32x32. The buildings can be normal size, but the doors need to have open/close states. Having different states for the houses with the opening/closing will work just fine.

I have put Pixel Movement in, so managing a large building won't be a problem.