ID:1134538

Keywords: manoamano, video
I'm trying to set up ghost images for when players are selecting moves so they can see where their piece will be assuming all goes as planned. I just have static ghosts at the moment, and I'm wondering if this looks to be a good enough indicator, or if I should go with some sort of animation. Cycling through each move series or something...

2013-01/Flick-0001/mamGhosts.mp4

Based on the fact the rotation doesn't animate to rotate (its just a static shift), I think it's fine that the movement indication is static and non-animated.
Boo. I don't like the perspective on the new mano a mano :(

for the rotations, it might look better if you remove the other ghosts for previous moves on the same tile.

This looks good otherwise.
The problem is, if I don't alter the perspective, I either have to make the hexes really small, or give up all the space below the board. I'm also thinking about having the option of using elevations in the game, similar to this.
Multiple pivot overlays on lone hex might be a bit hard to read without the top move list sorting things out, but the rest looks quite legible. =)

I'm thinking an animation cycling through the moves could be a detriment. The move displayed at any particular moment might not be the one the player needs to see and adjust. The player could be stuck hoping to catch the animation on the right frame the next time around. The more often they miss the frame, the more frustrated they will become.
Yeah, that could be annoying. I think maybe I'll just add a 'cycle' button, that will clear the ghosts and animate through the cycle on demand.