ID:113505

Camping predicted that the rapture would accompany a earthquake at 6:00 PM in every time zone on the 21st. It's now 6 PM, May 21st in two time zones. Whoops.

I wasn't even aware of this prediction until today, what the heck, lol.
I heard yesterday. People have been justifying dates using the bible for a long time. It always has lead them saying...Huh...guess I was wrong huh?
"Macho Man" Randy Savage is currently locked in battle with Jesus trying to prevent the rapture.
There is no such thing as knowing when the rapture will happen. Why would God let us know when it would occur? That would turn us all into hypocrites because people would do whatever they wanted to do up until 2 or 3 days before the rapture, then try to to repent for everything they did.
In most regilious books (Including the bible), it states that no person will know the day nor the hour nor even the year of when the end of the world, a rapture, second coming, etc. will occur.

So it's pointless to believe what others think. Just sit and wait.
I'm not sure anyone cares. . The Religious idiots are making their selves look more retarded than they already are.
It blew out of proportion because it's hilarious, I'd have to guess. Few people take it seriously, but it's enough for people to lulz over.
...Religious idiots? Not everyone is a bible thumper, Hax. Thanks for your stereotypical remark.

And also, Squeaky, it probably was for Lol's~
Lololololol I'm referring to the over exaggerating religous nuns/priests/people who claim we're gonna die from some myth. .some biblical fantasy story.
Eh, kay. Sowwy :c
Everything that came out of that era was basically a fantasical story.
Veemonthedemonking wrote:

Everything we have today came out of that era. There were astronomers during biblical times. Less detailed theories of evolution started with the Greeks. The majority of everything you know didn't start 15 or 20 years ago, they started generations and eras ago. Therefore we shouldn't be believing anything.
True then. Even though a lot of our history is based into religion, (therefore I beleive it because I am christian)everyone can relate to it because it led to what we have today.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Everything we have today came out of that era. There were astronomers during biblical times. Less detailed theories of evolution started with the Greeks. The majority of everything you know didn't start 15 or 20 years ago, they started generations and eras ago. Therefore we shouldn't be believing anything.

Their work was all the absolute basics, though; they didn't know much about astronomy (astrology, lolz), math (Hindi/Arabic numerals weren't invented until about 500 CE and it took them a little while from there to reach the Middle East and Europe), or science (the world's biology knowledge is pretty much all from the past 300 years and physics was pretty weak before Newton came along).
Lol'r. Still. The foundation counts. And the foundation was set into the beliefs of certain religious and life/death fearing aspects :c
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Astronomy had it's beginning in pre-history. Early cultures identified celestial objects with gods and spirits, with stories pointing toward this.

While, yes, there are some points toward those like Anaxiamander and Aristotle about observing ideas about evolution, however the overall stories we have from Greek during that time falls under what we call Greek Mythology.
Masterdarwin88 wrote:
Lol'r. Still. The foundation counts. And the foundation was set into the beliefs of certain religious and life/death fearing aspects :c

Not really. They didn't know anything about biology (thus life and death), and every time science and religion are mixed (ever) you end up with some twisted bastard child running around limping and flailing its arms. For example, the Greeks though the sun was a god, which is really wrong. Everything else they knew didn't really integrate with religion at all.
Well, still, there are many references in which reiligion aided or at least played a part in the development of human intelligence and the understanding of science.
Masterdarwin88 wrote:
Well, still, there are many references in which reiligion aided or at least played a part in the development of human intelligence and the understanding of science.

Religion(s) attempts to suppress or discredit science if it goes against any of it's core beliefs. This has been seen in the past and still happens today.

Page: 1 2