ID:113535

So I've begun development of a tactical RPG that has been in design for a while, titled Imperatorum.

Imperatorum is heavily influenced by the Fire Emblem series, and to a somewhat lesser extent, the Arc the Lad series. I'll link to a full blog post outlining the game at the end of this, as it's rather long.

One of the major functions of Imperatorum is going to be the level of involvement between single and multiplayer. The players can play through single player campaigns, and are REQUIRED to play through at least 1 campaign before playing on a multiplayer server. This is mostly due to the fact that you unlock characters for multiplayer use via single player campaigns, but the primary reason I chose to do that is to keep completely new players from getting on the servers and whining because they don't know how to play.

In keeping with this, you will use your actual characters in MP, they will have the exact stats that they did at the end of the campaign, and the same equipment. I expect there to be around 20 characters per campaign, and while I only have 1 planned at the moment, I intend to make quite a few more after the engine is complete.

Ranked(official server) multiplayer matches will have prizes for the winner, such as new equipment, stat increasing items, and other such fun things. Unranked(player servers) matches will not give these prizes, as it would be much too easy to abuse. The ranking itself is going to be based on a linear point system, you gain points for winning matches. When you win, you take some percentage of your opponents points, so obviously beating someone much higher ranked than yourself would award considerably more. The prizes given to the winner will be based off of an average between the rank point totals of both participants.

Anyway, I should stop rambling here and link to the other post that wasn't typed out in 5 minutes because I don't know when to shut up:

http://robcodevblog.blogspot.com/

That has more information about the general structure of the game and whatnot.