Chris Gayle wrote:
2. I've experimented with it, it's really a lot to go over and go considering how much we've already done.

I'm not sure what that's referring to.

I'm not sure what you're using for pixel movement, but if you add some icons to a demo that comes with my pixel movement library you'd have more to show for it. It sounds like you're overcomplicating things. If you have more to show than what you've shown already, why not show more?
I was referring to the array of icon states Zane has created. Much is not shown because the programming is not complete. To rotate them all would take time. However as I have posted we've decided to take the 360 degree route and are currently in the process of creating the states.

I don't see how using your pixel movement library or mines would really change anything. Please explain.
Chris Gayle wrote:
I was referring to the array of icon states Zane has created. Much is not shown because the programming is not complete. To rotate them all would take time. However as I have posted we've decided to take the 360 degree route and are currently in the process of creating the states.

It took me about one minute to generate the rotated states for the plane and that includes the time to write the code to do it. Even if you have lots of icons, this "process" should take less than 15 minutes.

I don't see how using your pixel movement library or mines would really change anything. Please explain.

Your demo comes with a lot of disclaimers (ex: we know that _____ isn't working), but my library gives you all of those things for free (i'm not sure about your library). You make it sound like what you're doing is difficult, when it should be really easy.
Forum_account wrote:
It took me about one minute to generate the rotated states for the plane and that includes the time to write the code to do it. Even if you have lots of icons, this "process" should take less than 15 minutes.

Well it's been more than 15 minutes and we're not done. However it will be done soon.

Your demo comes with a lot of disclaimers (ex: we know that _____ isn't working), but my library gives you all of those things for free (i'm not sure about your library). You make it sound like what you're doing is difficult, when it should be really easy.

Please point out to me where I said that I found it difficult. Pixel movement wasn't even something I spoke about until you said "if you add some icons to a demo that comes with my pixel movement library you'd have more to show for it.", i'm having difficulty seeing what using your library would achieve apart from density.

Don't get me wrong I believe it is a well done resource but what I am using works just fine and is already tailored to work for AU and I don't mind writing it myself, it makes me remember everything in the code in the case that I want to change anything.
Page: 1 2