ID:113893

So, I've released the second alpha version of Imperatorum, which includes unit placement, up to 3 human players, some updated graphics, equipment, healing items, magic users, healers, and some other stuff. I fixed some issues with path weights, but that's more or less fixed, as well as some of the issues with range calculation.

I haven't figured out why units stop moving when someone changes their selected unit, I'll figure it out eventually, though. Another issue I'm having is getting units to ignore other units on their team when moving around, but they take into account enemy positions, so you can't walk massive circles around your enemies anymore.

A few other things I'll be working out this week are shops, enemy units dropping equipment/items, getting some buttons in to take the place of the verbs, as they get kind of annoying when trying to watch the stats, and more path finding stuff. I'd like to get the units actually using a dijkstra path instead of the default walk_to() proc, which ignores my ranges and just takes the shortest way around.

I have decided that from now on, I'm just going to release whatever I have every Monday night, whether I feel like it's ready to be released or not, then fix any issues afterwards. If I try to make everything perfect for every release it will never got updated because I'll never feel like it's ready, so that's going to be the update schedule.

As for the art, I've got DixNeuf working with me on that, and he's doing an excellent job of it. He's put together the still portion of a unit base, and he's started work on some portraits for the units that will show up in their stats, which will make it easier to identify who you're using during campaigns once I get the first one ready.

The game can be found here:
http://www.byond.com/games/Robertbanks2/Imperatorum