ID:1141920

I for the most part understand why you have to be a member to post games, but to have to be a member to post developer help items such as demos and libraries?

Seems a bit overkill. I don't pay so I'm not allowed to help newbies that might need stuff I can give. Someone asked me for help, I made a little demo (or library, I can never tell what the real difference is) and was like "Why didn't you just use one from byond?" then I looked, there isn't one of what he needed AT ALL. So I was going to post it, but obviously can't. Do I want to pay 24$ just to post up a libremo (FUSION HA!)? No, not really. Will a good, simple to understand on-screen inventory libremo help a ton of people? I have no clue, but I guess we'll honestly never know >_<
Tom has stated that in the near future, hub creation will become free again for everyone.

In the meantime, you could post your demo in the Tutorials & Snippets subforum.
You're not the only one who's bugged by that. Lots of others have asked to have that changed but i don't think it would anytime soon. But i've been hearing people say that he might change it, still doubt it thought.

I guess if you want to help someone it's best to just send it personally through a file sharing site or w/e instead of a lib to help tons of people.

Lastly i think Demos are Demos ..and Libs are like codes or like references like how a actual Library is.
This also goes for the fact you can't delete hub entries if not a member lol..
This will all be changing very soon. Today we'll be rolling out a minor web update that will at least let you edit/delete your old hub entries.
Sounds good. Maybe this will give me some motivation to get some new projects out there. I remember a while back I was thinking of making a new game and then realized I couldn't post a hub for it so I decided not to XD.

And yes I went with the sent it personally method, I just figured since there wasn't one up on the site I'd throw it up there and then got rejected like a short kid playing basketball vs kobe bryant.
In response to VcentG
VcentG wrote:
then got rejected like a short kid playing basketball vs kobe bryant.

So using this.
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:
Lastly i think Demos are Demos ..and Libs are like codes or like references like how a actual Library is.

Not really... libraries are meant to be plugged into your game (although you can also read and learn from them, and then write your own code). Demos on the other hand are just examples of how to do something.

My membership ran out a few days ago.. I didn't think there was a point renewing it. I now see you need it to do anything! xD

We can still post in the forums at least ;)
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
Tom has stated that in the near future, hub creation will become free again for everyone.

In the meantime, you could post your demo in the Tutorials & Snippets subforum.

Hopefully he brings back alot of independant stuff as-well(.EXE) because it seems he wants everything to be wrapped around the BYOND community, and it's no secret that this community fails so much on so many levels.
In response to Murowko
Murowko wrote:
Hopefully he brings back alot of independant stuff as-well(.EXE)

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=891692
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
Murowko wrote:
Hopefully he brings back alot of independant stuff as-well(.EXE)

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=891692

What was linking that supposed to do? I hope you know that feature has been there for almost forever. However they took it away from everyone, it's not only for games that get "approved" and have a hub apparenty. derp