ID:1142161

Keywords: rips
(See the best response by Tom.)
I'm here to say , I play naruto goa , and the players all are going to the rips , Naruto Exodus and Naruto GOA 2 , this is allowed?
Best response
We have no hosting control over games, so once source code gets released, rips will appear. Fighting that is an exercise in futility. We promote the original games on-site through the "original" and "fangame" listings.
But we have to close the rips , in the Official has 13 players on , and in the other more than 30
In response to Galaverna
It is not our position to tell users what games they can and cannot play. If they prefer a ripped version of a game over the original, that is their prerogative.
You will like if your game was copied?
We shut down these rips all the time but they come back because there is demand. At some point it also becomes ambiguous as to what classifies a rip since in many cases the game is altered substantially (I don't know about these two games to make that call). When a rip has a larger playerbase than the original, you have to wonder what they are doing to attract this attention, whether it be an improvement on the game, more reliable hosting, or advertisement. That isn't altogether a bad thing but of course that depends on the motives of the original creator (and often the original creator has long left BYOND). What I can tell you is that a game that never releases its source code will not be ripped.

Now we are going after users who are spamming links to their games (often rips) as well as building some better anti-spam filters, and that may have an effect, but that is a different topic.
All right , but the official gonna close becouse the bad guys dont turn off the server , the only difference is the rate of exp! I'm angry , i want to play in low rate , and the rips get the players!
In response to Galaverna
Honestly this happens to a lot and I mean a lot of games not only BYOND.

There are server emulators for WoW and other paid games (and free) of course the bigger companies can do something about those, but since in this case the game is using copyrighted material no one can do anything.

You could however get in contact with the copyright owner of Naruto and get a cease a desist order against all the games that have the material in them on BYOND, but I don't think they'll care much.
The byond community is stupid , know I know why byond dont grow up!
In response to Galaverna
Stupid because someone leaked the source to a game and some people "ripped" it?

If you don't like those games make your own, I even found a source for you here
You dont want to make mine , I WANT TO PLAY in the official , becouse others the xp is much more! And to get levels fast , we need players to fight in dojo! but no players!
Don't distribute your source code, problem solved.