ID:1142920

* The hub path variable cannot be edited after hub-creation (we can reset it manually via support if the situation is warranted).

* Hubs that are now owned by non-Member accounts can be freely edited/deleted.

* Hub-owners can disable their shoutbox and/or any or all of the BYOND forums. The default mode for new hub entries is to only show the shoutbox; forums must be enabled manually through the Options tab. We've disabled forums that have been inactive for a long time (hub-owners can re-enable them through the Options tab).

* Pager alerts for forum posts will only happen when the game author (or helper) makes a new post on a game you've favorited. This is how it was always supposed to work but we had a bug.
Hurray :), i'm sure this will make a lot of people happy.
Anyway it's been a while Tom, but i'm still Semi-Active :) looking forward to the updates and sorry i haven't been very involved with them.
This isn't as eventful as I expected the next update from Tom to be. Appreciated and glad to hear, nonetheless.
Yeah, we have a bigger update on the way. This is just something that was in the queue that I figured we should mention since hub owners might want to alter their forum setup (a lot of people use offsite forums so they'll want to make sure their BYOND forums are off).
@ Koz 14 days.. i don't think so.
@ Kum This was within a list of several other more eventful updates, which we can still speculate and look forward to.

Edit:Darn too slow before Tom's comment lol
Lige wrote:
As for disabling/enabling things on the hub: are helpers able to adjust those settings as well, or is it hub-owner specific?

It's something helpers can edit too. Almost all of the hub editing page is helper-editable.
I wonder if you guys would be up to addressing (or at least taking note of) two long time site issues while you're at it.
1. You can't turn on Admin mode in your user shoutbox, you have to activate it elsewhere, and then proceed to the shoutbox.
2. You can can only access your admin history and ban list through a hub, even though the history (and bans) displayed is site-wide and not relevant to one hub.
Tom wrote:
* The hub path variable cannot be edited after hub-creation

Just out of curiosity, what is the reason for this change?
In response to Nickr5
Nickr5 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the reason for this change?

Probably so somebody can't make 20 "temp" hubs while they have a membership and then use them for new games as they need them without a membership, since you don't have to be a member to edit existing hubs now.

Although just not letting non-members edit that field would be a better solution if that is the case.
It's more that that field is tied to certain intrinsic details about the game and changing it causes some lookup issues. I don't think this is a big deal and we can always find another workaround if it's a problem; for now people can also just contact us if they really need to change the path.

We plan on opening up hubs to the public (perhaps in a limited fashion) anyway.
Tom wrote:
We've disabled forums that have been inactive for a long time (hub-owners can re-enable them through the Options tab).

I don't much like this change. Information posted in the forums of an old game, where the developer is no longer active is now completely hidden, and will remain so indefinitely. I don't really see a good reason why this should be enforced on exising hubs. If developers really don't want forums, they can turn them off themselves. It's fine that new hubs have the forums off by default, but I don't think existing forums should just become defaulted and hidden, unless that's what the developer wants, and they are actually present to make that change.
In response to Multiverse7
Multiverse7 wrote:
I don't much like this change. Information posted in the forums of an old game, where the developer is no longer active is now completely hidden, and will remain so indefinitely. I don't really see a good reason why this should be enforced on exising hubs. If developers really don't want forums, they can turn them off themselves. It's fine that new hubs have the forums off by default, but I don't think existing forums should just become defaulted and hidden, unless that's what the developer wants, and they are actually present to make that change.

The definition of "inactive" used was that the forums had no posts at all (except the shoutbox and feedback posts), or no posts older than 2012 which was when the new forum system came online. There were a handful of games whose old forums we brought over by request, but by and large those should be active so I don't anticipate a problem there. If however the users of a game whose developer has gone inactive have found a specific forum that got deactivated that shouldn't have been, I'm perfectly willing to reactivate on an as-needed basis; there should only be a handful of such cases at most.
glad to see that everything is returning to what it once was... although I have been busy with GTA SA modding and whatnot, I might donate my life to byond once again :P

its almost been 8-9 years and yet it feels like only yesterday~ ;)
Looks amazing guys, keep up the great work!